Printing digital photos

robkilby

• 4 weeks later...

We look at our photos by linking our laptop where we have downloaded the pics from the camera, to our large TV.

The ability to run thro' the pics as a TV slide show is awesome and so much better than passing round small bits of card.

Our camera takes video clips as well - so we can view these on the "big screen" which is truly wonderful.

So the only time we print anything is when we want to frame it and hang it on the wall.

robkilby - 2011-05-07 8:50 PM

David Dwight - 2011-05-06 8:56 PM

Why not print your own? Quicker and do them when you want.

David

similar reason to why i don't build my own campervan; others can do it better

But when you do your own you can tweek them and improve the finished print, where as these firms will just print straight from the disc etc.

David

David Dwight - 2011-05-08 9:04 PM

robkilby - 2011-05-07 8:50 PM

David Dwight - 2011-05-06 8:56 PM

Why not print your own? Quicker and do them when you want.

David

similar reason to why i don't build my own campervan; others can do it better

But when you do your own you can tweek them and improve the finished print, where as these firms will just print straight from the disc etc.

David

But you can simply do this before storing to a CD, USB Stick or SD Card, before sending or taking them for printing.

Boots the Chemist do a pretty good service. You can opt for a 1 Hour service and also to have a CD as well as the hard copy prints. I tend to download to the PC and then select the prints I want, put them on to a USB stick and then I only pay for what I actualy want.

I have considered printing my own but it is cheaper to get Boots to do it for me, If I did it myself I would need to factor in the cost of the special paper and the cost of the ink cartridges.

Although I kep a copy of all my pics in folders on the computer, a separate copy on a disc is handy just in case the Hard Drive ever crashes.

Archived