Motorhome Fashion

JamesFrance

When I first bought a motorhome, the popular exterior colour seemed to be cream, which soon changed to white, then maybe silver and probably back to white again looking at the latest Hymers. My Hymer 534 was cream with brown decoration which seemed to be the popular colour to paint a house in Bad Waldsee. They then celebrated an anniversary by changing to white with silver and have changed a few times since then.

In general the dark woodwork of older vans gave way to much paler wood/photoveneer such as light oak.

Looking at a few online catalogues of different makes from various countries it seems that 2011 interiors are now a mix of white panels and dark wood. Who set the trend and why are they all following like sheep?

I remember hearing a while ago that most motorhome furniture was produced by one factory in Italy. Does that mean that in a year or so they will all only be recognisable by year of model rather than constructor?

Rather a disturbing trend it seems to me and likely to take the interest out of buying magazines to see the write-ups and photos of different makes. Not much individuality around now with so many different brands coming from a few companies which took them over.

I read a report in one mag (proboly MMM) where it was thought that the lack of curtains would put off british buyers! Not in this household it doesn't. Plain blinds for us. One importer we visited comented that a certain demo model was held up at factory whilst a worktop was changed to a 'uk friendly' colour.

So it seems that some changes to decor are made for different markets, but appart from that I supose it goes in trends just like house decor or how big the flares on your jeans :D

Archived