Oven/Grills

philavls.co.uk

I've just bought a Chasson Flash 6 which has a Smev eye level grill. I am wanting to replace this with a gas oven grill combination. I am reluctant to go for a SMEV one as the grill we have is almost useless. Has anybody experience of gas oven/grill combinations?

We use the van a lot without hook up and I do like my meat & potatoe pie.

Thanks

Phil

There is a fix available from Dometic for poorly performing Smev grills - I talked to them about it at the February NEC show. They can supply an alternative gas jet, which apparently improves the grill performance.

Andy

Smev grills have been discussed on here a few times in the past not least by "Melb" and myself.

Personally mrs ips has never had a problem with our Smev grill / mini oven its just a case of letting it heat the deflector plates up for a while 1st. We have used ours as a mini oven to warm pies and garlicbreads etc many times, and not had any issues with it as a grill.

Re-jetting was an option that I considered however if by doing so the flames exceed the deflectors then there could be an issue with excessive heat being lost out of the top of the grill instead of being deflected downwards thus onto the motorhome roof (possible damage being caused maybe)

Anyway in conclusion I think its just a case of getting used to them.

Looking forward to whatever culinary delight mrs ips has in store for me on our next (and 1st this year) trip at easter dont know what it will be but almost certainly will involve said grill :-D

Archived