Help Dometic Fridge Fuse??

TonyHilary

Hi All,

Can anyone help, my Dometic RM7271L fridge SN1500041 in an Autocruise Tempo 2008 Panel van conversion is not working at all.

There is no green or red LED on mains/12V or Gas, no internal light and no clicking when on gas option. I assume a main fuse has gone and the trip switch has not tripped. I checked the fuses under the rear of the drivers seat which look ok. Does anyone therefore know where other fuses are located [as the manual is not clear] unless I must remove the fridge to gain access to the top of it as per the manual? Problem is I'm off to sunny Spain imminently and no time to book in with a dealer! I'd be really grateful of any advice. Thanks Tony

Do you have any lights showing when on Hook-up ?

If so, it's the 12v circuits.

Try removing the outer grills for access to the rear of the fridge & check the connections have not come apart or loose.

There should be a Brown/Purple & Red/Yellow cables for the 12v, A white (sheathed) cable for the 230v & a White/Orange cable to Vehicle Earth.

If you have a Multimeter or Test Lamp you should be able to determine which "feed" is at fault.

The grills should have 2 sliders under the top edge, push both to the middle to release them.

Our fridge is an older version than yours, we had a fuse go once. We had to pull the fridge out and then my husband didn't just replace the fuse, he added a length of appropriate wire so that if it went in future he could replace the fuse without us having to heave the fridge out.

Thanks for that.---- There is no LED when on230v.

Doea anyone have a Tempo and know where other fuse are apart from under the driver seat?

Swift group technical say that they have limited knowledge since it was built before the takeover from Autocruise! Hey Ho

Cheers Tony

Hi,

Yes the main control unit has two, but the chances of them both blowing are slim. One is for D.C, (Battery ) the other A.C (mains). You need to check everything first as Flicka points out.

You do not have to remove the fridge only the top panel. You must know what you are doing as all power must be disconnected , The unit is costly if damaged and so are YOU.

They are the last thing you need to check. Did you have any welding carried out on the Motorhome?

So check supply first and all MCB's are not tripped als check there is not a switch installed that may just have got knocked off isolated the fridge. Some people do funny things with conversion's.

Regards,

Brendan

The fact that you have no Fridge indication Lights on for either 12v or 230v, indicates (to me) that it's something other than a Fuse.

Improbable (but not impossible) that fuses for both circuits would go at the same tim.

onecal vw has a valid point about what some people do,

Has the Tempo reacently been in for a Habitation Service ?

Something could have got dislodged during a service as they would (should) check the Gas flame & exhaust.

It's also possible that the Bulb connection could have come loose or vibrated off.

But IMHO, I still think removing the external Grills/Vents & checking you have good connections on the cable there is your 1st line of action.

• 2 months later...

I hate to hijack a thread, but I have a similar problem...ish on my Dometic with AES

EXCEPT all of the lights go green. (230 & 12) Even the gas fires and stays lit.

But the fridge will not cool.

I have had a feed from my inverter run nearby, but doesn't run behind or to the side of the fridge. ( yes it was working before this work) going away for a few days tomorrow so would like to solve myself.

Heyloft - 2011-06-18 11:16 PM

I hate to hijack a thread, but I have a similar problem...ish on my Dometic with AES

EXCEPT all of the lights go green. (230 & 12) Even the gas fires and stays lit.

But the fridge will not cool.

I have had a feed from my inverter run nearby, but doesn't run behind or to the side of the fridge. ( yes it was working before this work) going away for a few days tomorrow so would like to solve myself.

That sounds like a blocked flue which has happened to us on a couple of AES fridges.

This can happen for a number of reasons. The 1st time it happened to us it was blamed by the Dometic engineer on Spanish gas - apparently Repsol put oil into the bottles and if they get shaken up as ours was when it was transported to the 'van. The oil is mixed in with the gas and burned causing a heavy sooty deposit which, although the flame looked good, was preventing the heat from getting to the exchanger. The second time it happened the 'van had been standing for some time and it was blamed on spiders webbing up the inside of the flue. The remedy both times was to unscrew the gas burner and move it out of the way then clean the flue with a stiff (oversized pipe cleaner) brush from above - causes a real soot fall. Before cleaning remove the twisted copper strip which is hung inside the chimney on stiff wire and give it a good wash before replacing it.

Hi. I think flicka is on the right lines with the fault Tony has, we had a similar problem on our previous M/H , caused by an overheating plastic strip connector behind the fridge.Heylofts fault sounds more like something has damaged the coolant pipes and the coolant has escaped, or there is a blockage in the pipes.(dont know what AES means?). Well is that the time? I am off to bed now after agood night out.

Brian B.

Archived