motorhome friendly sat navs again!!!

gadjo

Hi all

Right I have been having a trawl around t'internet and gues what I am now more confused than ever!!!

I have had a look at the tom tom go 7000 motorhome version, the snooper 2000 motorhome version, the 6000 lite motorhome version and the pronav truck !!!

I have now discovered that you can get an SD card for the tom tom truck software, yes yes I know some of you will know this already but it takes me a long time to catch up!!!!

Am I right in thinking that you can buy the SD card plug this into a compatable tom tom like a go 550 and hey presto it beomes a truck sat nav....................or is this too simple??

The dilema I have now is do I buy a new sat nav all singing all dancing ready set up with the truck soft ware or do I go for the SD card route which will still mean I have to but a new sat nav as the one I have is a bit old and does not have SD compatability........

cheers

Hi,

Do Tom Tom do a 'Plug in SD card' or Downloadable 'Extra' with programmable vehicle size parameters ?? (Waytogo seems to be the 'Tom-Tom' Guru) mine is a Tom Tom One 'new version'

('new' back in 2007 !!) I have downloaded ' low bridge' POI's and even a 'narrow width' POI, but they only cover certain area's (mainly big cities) and are not what I'm looking for, I want something that stops me going down a narrow lane ( say, in Cumbria) that I then have to Reverse out of.

Yes, I know I should check the Map, and I do, BUT it doesn't usually tell you, Steep climb. or Hairpin bends, Yes, but Width or Height No. Any help or knowledge 'out there' ? Ray

ps. Mine does take SD cards.

Hi all

I think you can purchase the truck software for about £147 on an sd card and if your tom tom is compatible it will take into acount the size of vehcle when calculating a route........however, I have been reading a few reviews and it seems that the sd card can cause some problems like the maps becoming unusable once you have tried to update your sat nav via the tom tom web site.

I have also found that very few of the new tom toms have the sd card facility, is this right??

Archived