4 Berth Panel Van Conversion?

jakeontour

Guest JudgeMental

Hymer Car 322 with optional pop up roof bed :-D

http://www.hymer.com/cms/en/motorhomes/Hymer-Car/Exterior/ext-41.html

Or talk to some one who normally fits out VW vans and ask if they can retro fit a pop up roof to a Fiat panel van....I dont see why not and cheaper then Hymer I would think.

There are other models that accomodate 4 inside from Adria and the like but a bit cramped IMO

Guest Peter James

Interesting link thank you. I'm not sure it's a 'Maxivan' though. its an L3 (5.998m length) I thought the 'Maxivan' is the L4 (6.363m length which gives an additional 2 cubic metres interior space) with 16" wheels to accommodate larger brakes and 2100kg(F), 2400kg® max axle weights. I have one I bought as a commercial van and am delighted with it. Can't understand why the pro converters don't use them more. (They are not that expensive. Mine cost me £17,200 new on the road including all taxes. The pro converters could presumably buy in quantity and get them for less)

Peter James - 2011-04-18 7:46 AM

Interesting link thank you. I'm not sure it's a 'Maxivan' though. its an L3 (5.998m length) I thought the 'Maxivan' is the L4 (6.363m length which gives an additional 2 cubic metres interior space) with 16" wheels to accommodate larger brakes and 2100kg(F), 2400kg® max axle weights. I have one I bought as a commercial van and am delighted with it. Can't understand why the pro converters don't use them more. (They are not that expensive. Mine cost me £17,200 new on the road including all taxes. The pro converters could presumably buy in quantity and get them for less)

The term 'Maxi' does not refer to the lenght, but instead to the axle capacity(amongst other things) so you can get a Maxi(also refered to as heavy) in both L3 and L4

Guest JudgeMental

Personally , as we have just downsized to a panel van th idea of 4 sleeping/living in such a small space would drive most people nuts I would think........

when our teenager's join us they will sleep in a small tent outside, I think this a better solution to maintain sanity *-)

Hi

his is exactly the type of van we looked for at the show at NEC last year. The problem was cost. Globecar do one, there was also a LaStrada? who had one with a drop down bed over the lounge area, Devon do one on the new Renault and there are some second hand Danbury Family 4 around - we saw one recently at Tyne Valley Motorhomes.

In the end the space considerations convinced us that there was a good reason we couldn't find a 4 berth van and we settled on an Autocruise that can seat 4 and we'll add a drive-away awning.

Dave.

Archived