Vignette for Austria and Slovenia.

Cattwg

We are off to Croatia in a couple of weeks. Having amended our original route we will now be outward bound via Austria and returning via Slovenia. I know that I need a vignette for both countries to use their motorways (our camper is under 3.5 tonne) – my questions are please:

1. Has anyone used a company called www.tolltickets.com to purchase vignettes in advance?

Their prices seem OK at €7.90 and €15 respectively, plus €1.90 postage. The disadvantage

of an advance purchase is that dates have to be given and of course there is always the

possibility that we may be elsewhere on those days!!

2. Is it worth buying in advance or is it very convenient and easy to spot where to buy them

when in the country concerned?

Thank you

Cattwg :-D

Cattwg - 2011-04-17 7:09 PM

We are off to Croatia in a couple of weeks. Having amended our original route we will now be outward bound via Austria and returning via Slovenia. I know that I need a vignette for both countries to use their motorways (our camper is under 3.5 tonne) – my questions are please:

1. Has anyone used a company called www.tolltickets.com to purchase vignettes in advance?

Their prices seem OK at €7.90 and €15 respectively, plus €1.90 postage. The disadvantage

of an advance purchase is that dates have to be given and of course there is always the

possibility that we may be elsewhere on those days!!

2. Is it worth buying in advance or is it very convenient and easy to spot where to buy them

when in the country concerned?

Thank you

For Austria buy them when you get close to the border. All service stations near to Austria sell them, look for a board with a red background with a black dragon/eagle design.

David

JudgeMental - 2011-04-17 8:00 PM

Can you tell us your route please and where you are heading? :-D

Thank you to everyone who replied to my query on vignettes. I think we will buy them en route as required.

Judge our route will be something like

Dunkerque – Dudelange – across Germany to – Salzburg – Lake Bled area – Zagreb – Plitvice Lakes National Park - Split - Ploce to Trpanj ferry (avoiding Bosnia) – Dubrovnik – Cavtat - Gruda - then head north taking in any other places that take our fancy (again avoiding Bosnia) – through Slovenia - Punta Sabbioni (for Venice) – Innsbruck - and then north to Dunkerque.

About 3000 miles Round trip from Dunkerque.

As always our route in not set in stone and may vary as time, weather, scenery etc. and our fancy suggests.

Guest JudgeMental
I think we are taking a very similar route but not going down as far as you, as have driven the coast road to Dubrovnik years ago...we are crossing over to the Islands and on to Istria peninsular, then Venice and Italian lakes and home :-D

Archived