Shower not working

boxer1

I have an Auto trail Apache Scout SE 2005. Took her out from winter storage and getting her ready for Easter. I filled her with water and found that the shower is not working, all other taps are ok. Able to get at the rear of the shower tap can see no damage and pipes are connected.

Could the mixer tap be seized inside and if so can it be freed and how.

Boxer1

Guest JudgeMental
so the pump is operating? pushing water out of other taps? maybe an air lock, try removing shower head and sucking water through? or even just try leavng the shower head on floor of bathroom and pump on for a while......

Did you look at Caravan Components website.....just looked, dearest is £112.21p.

There are three types, latest one which i purchased you can get to the thermostat.

These people were recommended by Autotrail help desk.....very helpful people when i changed mine !

Phil

Just after contacting Caravan Components and ordered a new tap. You can have a silver one at £75 or the one fitted in Autotrail brushed silver at £117.71 includes postage and vat. Rang Autotrail first they wanted £189.

There would appear to be a problem with this type of tap they seize or very prone to frost damage. I had drained the system down before storage and made sure that the mixer taps were centre and open. Next year I will take the van for a long drive after draining and that should clear all the water from lying in pipes etc.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Boxer1

Guest Tracker
boxer1 - 2011-04-20 10:12 AM

Next year I will take the van for a long drive after draining and that should clear all the water from lying in pipes etc.

I take the shower head off and blow the water in the pipes back out through the other taps, having first emptied the hot and cold tanks (and loo fresh tank) and run the pump (and the thetford pump) till they are dry.

You might have to prime the pump by sucking water through with the pump running when you first refill. It usually works but at the expense of a face full of cold water - so have a towel handy!

If you have a corrugated hose, a common problem is the rubber tube inside becomes twisted and kinked blocking the flow of water as the hose walls can actually bond to itself keeping the darned tube sealed off. Remove hose from the outlet and check is water comes out of the tap part

Archived