Seat belt reminder

HansZinderfaan

I don't know whether this subject has come up before but is there any way to permanently disable that annoying bleeping when the seat belt is not being used? I know it can be temporarily disabled, only to return after switching off the ignition. I regularly wear my seat belt and can manage without the reminder but when I get to a site and start to move onto a pitch - forwards or backwards, that annoying bleeping starts! Makes you want to rip it out and strangle it. The handbook suggests that your Fiat dealer will do it. (no doubt at a price) and as our nearest dealer is about 20 miles away it seems a bit extreme to go that far just to stop that noise. I could wait for the service but this is done by the motorhome dealer and I am not sure that they will be able to do it. >:-(

There will be a switch in the buckle, Find the wires and I suspect it is normally open switch so short them out. Make a note in the hand book of what you have done so you can rectify and reverse the mod when you sell vehicle.

Drove a new Iceco van the other day and it had a nice feature the bleep for the belt warning only came on after a few MPH was reached.

Another option is unplug the sensor switch in the seat cushion if one is fitted, some vehicles only have a switch in passenger seat and not the drivers seat.

Guest Tracker

I have cured this 'feature' on more than one car by unplugging the pressure sensor fitted under the driver's seat.

You might have to remove the seat to get at it and although it is not difficult some seats can be surprisingly heavy and can be a handful for one person.

There is a slight possibility that some sensor circuits may need to be 'made' rather than 'unmade' to have the desired effect. In that case, if disconnecting does not work you might find installing a fixed loop wire to complete the circuit and fool it into thinking it is made should do the trick. That said the first scenario is more likely.

Archived