Inhuman Chinese, not right in the head

Guest peter

Guest peter

Anyone see the news showing a lorry load of dogs going for slaughter for human consumption in China. Fortunately someone thought differently and stopped the lorry on the road and the dogs were all rescued. The Chinese never cease to disgust me. They are not quite integrated into the human race yet I feel, still a long way to go.

If anyone's thinking of calling me racist, I don't care.

Enjoy your steak?

Or your bacon sarnie?

Or your KFC.

Or your MacDonalds?

Whilst we in the West are enjoying our ability to spout hypocrisy from our pot-bellied overfed armchairs, millions of other humans are simply eating anything they can get their hands on to try to stay alive.

Guest peter

Very hhigh handed response from someone living in another country with apalling reputation for animal cruelty.

It's obvious you didn't see the news report of the way they were being treated. So have no right to comment. How would you feel if your dog was eaten by your next door neighbour?.

peter - 2011-04-19 12:13 AM

Very hhigh handed response from someone living in another country with apalling reputation for animal cruelty.

It's obvious you didn't see the news report of the way they were being treated. So have no right to comment. How would you feel if your dog was eaten by your next door neighbour?.

1. Oh I do include myself in that hypocrisy.

I think we are all guilty of it in the plentiful-food-available-and-enormous-incomes West, where we have utterly no concept of real hand-to-mouth existence, and hunger.

It is only in the rich West that we have of very late been economically well-off enough to begun to imbue animals with emotions/souls; to anthropomorphise them.

A dog is still a dog, a recent wolf-descendent, it is not a small furry human, however much it is dressed up in a little jacket and carried about.

For all the previous couple of hundred thousand years of human dominance as a species, we've all simply seen animals as foodstuff, threat, or tool.

2. I disagree with your assertion; this is a forum, we all have the right to comment. I've spent time in the Far East and in many other regions of the non-Western culture world, and have seen a lot of differing cultural attitudes to animals, dogs included.

Our Western hypocrisy (including mine) is jaw-dropping when you actually analyse it rationally on a global scale. Battery farmed chickens/pigs/foie gras in the UK/Europe anyone?

Children starving to death; actual baby humans literally staving to death, whilst we lavish enormous amounts of money to pamper our little Fifi pets? I don't know how you measure hypocrsiy Peter, but by my scale, that's a bullseye.

Oh Oh,

This forum + dogs = Major can of worms. (It's bad enough if you don't like dogs, never mind eating them)

For the most though, I agree with Bruce, dogs are seen as a food source for many countries, and as long as they are treated and killed humanely, then we have no right to judge.

I do not want to discuss instances seen in the papers about dogs being skinned alive, I am as much appalled by that as any one of you claim to be.

China has a massive problem with stray dogs, and the government has ordered culls and the slaughter of thousands, all these activists have done is re-released them back to the streets , where no doubt they will be captured again.

peter - 2011-04-18 10:31 PM

Anyone see the news showing a lorry load of dogs going for slaughter for human consumption in China. Fortunately someone thought differently and stopped the lorry on the road and the dogs were all rescued. The Chinese never cease to disgust me. They are not quite integrated into the human race yet I feel, still a long way to go.

If anyone's thinking of calling me racist, I don't care.

I won't call you a racist Peter (or even a bigot ;-) ) as you don't care anyway. A slight generalisation about a race though! My husband is Chinese and has worked in a caring profession for nearly 40 years. We have had several dogs in our family throughout that time and none have ended up on the dinner plate, or even threatened with it. - they have all been much loved pets....... :-S

Guest 1footinthegrave

Strange that we have not all ( apart from Muslims that is ) taken to the streets over Halhal slaughter in this country, even the RSPCA sit on their collective hands.Yet a story about dogs going to the same fate and we are up in arms.

I doubt very few would even be able to witness this barbaric practice that major slaughter houses now employ, yet on almost every visit to tesco's, Asda, etc you and I are complicite in animal cruelty by buying the meat. Dogs are animals, not some extension to the human race, why make the distinction, we are every bit as cruel as the chinese, just wake up to the fact.

I would not call the OP a racist, just selective in his indignation. >:-(

Guest peter

Kosher is the same as hallal, and both are barbaric. Like I said, inhuman treatment of animals. I'm not saying that you should not eat animals, only that they should not suffer cruelty in the process. Which was evident in the story I quoted. So, no selective condemnation from me.

I did not intend to highlight all animal cruelty either, only asking if anyone had seen that particular news item.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Sorry Peter, but yes I did see the story, and I just thought when I read it of the irony of what we allow in this country, that was the only point I was making, a double decker artic full of sheep on a hot day in the UK going to have their throats slit and allowed to bleed to death passes without mention or concern every day of the week for example, if the Chinese had some affinity with sheep no doubt they would call that barbaric and cruel.

I just could not see the point in singling out the Chinese for criticism in this particular story, mankind does barbaric things to animals all of the time and I make no distinction between dogs and any other animals as many do. I was not having a go at you, just the irony of the story. It could be argued that the 1000's of dogs that are "put down" in this country every year simply because they are "not wanted" and we have no effective breeding controls is also cruel , why are the newspapers not jumping up and down about that as well :-S

Archived