X250 Water in engine bay fix?

Andy T

The post relating to "New ECU and wiring loom" in the “Hints and Tips” section had me running out to check my X250 based Mooveo. The engine management light came on in the rain on the way back from France last month and dealer’s laptop won’t read the ECU (another story).

Whilst checking for rusty connectors in the engine bay I noticed that the lazy sods at the local Fiat dealer had only used one bolt instead of two to hold the engine shield on (Fiat water on injector fix). This allows the shield to flap up and down at the left hand side and it has chafed well into the lower heater hose. The clip on the adjacent hose has made a good bite out of the hose above it. (See pics).

Also noticed that at the right hand side (drivers), the upstand on the edge of the Fiat water shield had chafed into one of the aircon hoses (picture shows half way through my fix). Then also noticed that the back water hose from the radiator header tank is a tight fit against said shield and that was chafing as well.

Obviously not a well thought out piece of design made worse by lazy, useless Fiat dealer. (And if you think that's harsh, I could write a pamphlet on them).

Might be worth having a look at your X250 hoses.

Andy.

NSeb.jpg.62992c2b0d16db98c1c537c28b281440.jpg

1685017518_OSeb.jpg.fb8e1434813d52ca4b10202e0eb5d578.jpg

Andy T - 2011-04-22 5:24 PM  made worse by lazy, useless Fiat dealer. (And if you think that's harsh, I could write a pamphlet on them). . Andy.

Only a pamphlet I could write a book on the bad workmanship done on the Fiat Ace Airstream 680FB I used to own. I would not take a wheelbarrow with a squeaky wheel to get it oiled at my local Fiat dealer.

Archived