Swift Escape shower leak

snitrats

Hi

just getting the van ready for the first major trip of the season, fiied the water tank switched the pump on and behold a floor full of water in the shower room.

On removing the access panel under the shower mixer tap its obvious the cold water pipe has blown off. At the end of the flex pipe is a rigged plastic connector with a single 'O' ring ,which I asumed would just push back in! It is very tight working through the inspection hatch ,so I am not sure if it is push in or something a bit more involved. Any Idea's

Many thanks :-S

Guest Tracker

Many vans do use push fit connectors these days (my Autocruise does) but as far as I know the rubber O ring is usually inside the female part of the joint not on the male part and as such maybe should not be visible when the joint separates - but I could be wrong?

I do know from a friends own domestic experience that copper tube to which a push fit connector fits will split before the push fit connector gives way - or at least his did on his outside tap - so it seems to take huge pressure to separate a push fit joint - whereas by depressing the collar it comes apart very easily?

This makes me wonder if it is the joint itself that has split rather than simply pulled apart?

Have you tried simply shoving it back in and pumping the system up to pressure again?

Would the mirror and torch tactic help you see inside the dark confines?

Guest Tracker

I'm not aware of push and twist fittings Geoff - so sorry, but I just don't know - but someone should soon be along who does! Good luck!

Is the bit that sticks out a plain tube like the grey bit on the attached link - or does it have the collar and O ring thabelong inside the fitting? If you can get the collar and ring of the tube and back into the fitting and then insert the tube you might get away with it?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-25mm-mdpe-inch-change-kit/40094

I would add that this is not the bit you want but it does explain the principle of push fit more clearly and might help clarify what you need to do - or then again it might not????.

If the connector is of the 12mm light grey type its possible its  a failure which seems quite a problem throughout the industry I have just had to return my Autosleeper to the AS works for them to completely replace all the light grey fittings for the better quality black one's due to constant water leaks at the joints.

Archived