dethleffs control panel sticking!!!

chris

The control panel which shows water level and battery levels has a swing gauge on it when you press a rocker switch. It wouldnt work for 4 days then all of a sudden it starts working again .It sometimes also sticks and then it swings suddenly. It switches 12v on and off no problem. Any ideas anyone.

Chris

its a new Dethleffs Foretero .

chris - 2011-04-26 8:49 PM

The control panel which shows water level and battery levels has a swing gauge on it when you press a rocker switch. It wouldnt work for 4 days then all of a sudden it starts working again .It sometimes also sticks and then it swings suddenly. It switches 12v on and off no problem. Any ideas anyone.

Chris

While not a Dethleffs experience I had a similar problem with a control panel. Turned out the securing screws for the panel were extremely tight causing a slight bending of the control panel. Releasing the screws a fraction relaxed the panel and everything functioned ok. Might be worth a try.

Graham

Thanks again Graham. Went out and loosened the screws last night and even though the panel was working at the time the needle swung up straight away without sticking. When it stopped working in France last week it was hitting 27degrees outside so the metal could have expanded then.

I hope its the solution now anyway :-D

Oh well. Start again. Thought it was fixed then it got stuck again yesterday. Tried it again today and stuck then it suddenly sprung up so really can't work it out. Will have to contact dealer or Dethleffs

Chris

grahamw - 2011-04-27 9:02 AM

chris - 2011-04-26 8:49 PM

Chris

While not a Dethleffs experience I had a similar problem with a control panel. Turned out the securing screws for the panel were extremely tight causing a slight bending of the control panel. Releasing the screws a fraction relaxed the panel and everything functioned ok. Might be worth a try.

Graham

Yeah I had a similar issue and that was the problem.

Archived