Alden Satellite

elamessa

I have an automatic Alden satellite system in our new to us van but unfortunately it will only pick up Astra 1 (19.2E). Basically it is based on the French TNT system. I phoned Alden France to see if the box cold be reconfigured to receive Astra 2 (28.2E) and Astra 1 the answer was a resounding Non Monsieur you will need another box. Anyone have any idea which box would be compatible with Alden's motorised system?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Steve

Steve

Do you have a French TV in your van? As I understand it, the French system is different to UK, therefore UK boxes may not work, I am sure some one who knows will be on and may be able to help you.

Hope you have good weather in your dept of France. We have friends living there and will be visiting them shortly!!

PJay

PJay - 2011-04-27 2:27 PM

Steve

Do you have a French TV in your van? As I understand it, the French system is different to UK, therefore UK boxes may not work, I am sure some one who knows will be on and may be able to help you.

Hope you have good weather in your dept of France. We have friends living there and will be visiting them shortly!!

PJay

Hi PJay,

As the system is via satellite then it makes no difference if the TV is French or English :-D

The weather here has been glorious over the past 2 months with little or no rain but that is set to change over the next week or two with rain on its way, but we do need it, temperatures are consistently around 22/24C dropping to around 12/14C at night.

Steve

• 4 years later...

Hi Steve

I thought the whole point of having an automatic satellite system was you could swop between satellites.

I have an Oyster system and it has 4 pre-programmed satellite positions. The control box (brain) searches for the satellite you select on the control panel. The signal is then passed to your digibox or inbuilt TV satellite decoder.

Either, you need to programme the "brain" for Astra 2 or your digibox is only configured to accept French channels on Astra 1.

It's the same with a Sky box - it will only give you Astra 2 although you can manually input other satellite channels but it's a bit of a pain.

If it's a digibox problem you may need to invest in a free to air box - they are fairly cheap, less than £100.

dixie dean - 2016-03-27 12:13 PM

Hi steve i know its a few years ago but i find myself in the same position as you were then.how did you resolve the problem? By the way we also live in the limousin regards dixie

Hi Dixie

Steve has not been on forum lately , as it is an old thread. Maybe as you also live in France, a Pm to him, may get a reply.

As you have re started this thread, it is possible some- one will be able to help you,

There are many helpful people on here, but as it is a holiday, you may have to wait for a reply

Welcome to the forum as well

PJay

Archived