Water hoses

bobmaddison

pelmetman - 2011-05-05 11:52 AM

Any germs that come through my hose will have a fight on their hands when they arrive in my 21 year old water tank :D ..........................................must clean it one day.....................anybody know a good biological decontamination facililty (?) (lol) (lol)

Yep - its called vinegar :-D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
laimeduck - 2011-05-05 12:22 PM

Yep - its called vinegar :-D

VINEGAR!......................Yuk!!!............................I'll stick with my germs :D (lol)

Guest pelmetman
laimeduck - 2011-05-05 4:38 PM

Oh all right then! :D

I suppose you could do it with the pre-cursor of vinegar - WINE! Then drink it? :D :D Still get the germs but hey, - what a way to clean things?

Now there's an idea :D ..............that reminds me we've not heard from Alf/Fiona Stonehouse lately :D

I just use garden hose but if anyone wants to use food grade hose, water filters and the rest of the purifying paraphernalia then they are entitled to spend their money as they please.... even though I think they are being shortsighted.

art338 is correct about the passage of water through a hosepipe. You can also google Bernoulli's theorem to enlighten you on frictional losses in pipework systems.

Speaking as someone who drank dodgy water for years in Third World countries, the effects were twofold. First I had a mild tummy upset until my body produced the right antibodies to counter this. Secondly, it gave me a very good set of antibodies in my immune system which kept me healthy for many years (until a bad bout of Malaria wiped them all out and I had to start again).

You cannot avoid bugs, all you can do is to build up a defence against them, so drink the local water in Europe as it is probably of a higher quality than in Britain. A lot of our water companies are French owned anyway.

If anyone has health fears regarding cancer and plastic hosepipes, you should not eat any processed food 8-) . That is far worse than the water issue and obesity is only the minor problem in that area.

Remember..... to be successful in the food industry, you have to have a degree in Chemical Engineering. :D

JudgeMental - 2011-05-05 11:07 AM

I'm due some new hose........So where can you buy them please? :-D

I prefer the flat type.......

Hi Eddie

Layflat hose

- Garden type should be available from many Garden centres

- Food Grade should be available from most Motorhome/Caravan Accessory shops.

IF not :-

Garden hose

http://www.caravanstuff4u.co.uk/product1295.html

Food grade hose

20m Cassette of Food Grade Hose with Fittings, Item Number N26706

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/water_products.htm#Buy

(3/4 way down the page)

Brought a food grade hose recently, this was because it is semi transparrent (so we can see any debriss inside), it had an 'adaptor' to fit different taps, and last but not least IT WAS DIRT CHEAP.

A lot of garden hoses are actually safe for drinking water but you need to check specifically if they are or not. I think this is where this thread has come a bit unstuck by defining hoses as food safe rather than drinking water safe.

Brambles - 2011-05-05 10:14 PM

A lot of garden hoses are actually safe for drinking water but you need to check specifically if they are or not. I think this is where this thread has come a bit unstuck by defining hoses as food safe rather than drinking water safe.

You mean .... you're not supposed to try to suck your baked beans down them!!!! 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Brambles - 2011-05-06 10:43 PM

I always suck my beans down a hose pipe, don't you Mel?

Thats why beans give you flat(hose)uluence :D

Archived