Autocruise Starburst Decal

colin weston

I have one decal/graphic on the side of my van which has moved a bit putting a crinkle in it. Question: Has anyone successfully removed and reapplied a decal or graphic? If so how did you do it? I dont particularly want to replace all the decals as it is only one that has exhibited a problem. (This side of the van gets direct sun which may or may not be the cause).

I had same problem on my swift lifestyle ,after getting a replacement it was quite easy to apply ,as your van is a autocruise you could get a replacment decal from o,leary as they have decals for that make .I had to peel off the damaged decals which was quite easy once i got it started.

Colin,

I guess that your 'van is about a 2006 model and the decals are the blue ones. There is a problem with these and many Autocruise from that time have the top layer shrinking crinckling and sliding. Some people have replaced them by photographing a good one and then having new ones made. I have seen at least two 'cruises with replacements. I removed the large ones from the side of my 'van altogether.

There are other threads about this here somewhere; try a search for 'Autocruise Decal' or similar....maybe in the hints and tips section...........

edited to add: These decals are made in three layers: it is the top transparent layer that shrinks but this leaves the exposed coloured area sticky causing dirt etc. to adhere. Trying to remove the top layer to realign it is likely to also remove the actual colouring. It may be that gently heating it would help but I doubt it would be 100% succesful.

Harvey

If you have just a single crinkle then one option to save getting a new decal, is to slice the crinkle, and remove a slither to allow it to flatten down. You may have to apply a water proof self adhesive solutution to get the eges to stick down again. Probably be able to get adhesive in a craft shop.

Thanks for your suggestions. My decals are in fact green, presumably the 'in colour' for 2007!

It appears that it is the outer transparent layer that has slid horizontally causing the crease and dirt has adhered to the exposed part of the decal. Maybe a hair dryer carefully warming the surface might do the job?

Archived