Thetford Cassette C2 Toilet

Guest johnboy

Guest johnboy
We have just bought a second hand caravan fitted with a Thetford Cassette C2 built in electric flush toilet. The flush isn't working - I think it is just the fuse. Can anyone advise how you get at the fuse to check it? This is not obvious from the parts diagram. Thanks.

Guest smith21
Hi, You could try speaking to Thetford direct, they should be able to give you all the info. you require. Vaughan

• 1 year later...
re cassette toilet fuse- remove the waste holding tank and lookin at the left hand side of the cavity just behinde the contact switch there will be either a blade fuse 3 amp or a black screw type fuse holder whitch holds a 3 amp glass fuse both readily available from your local dealer. I spent a whole day looking for this fuse checking every fuse in the van in the process,if flush still does not work then the pump will need replacing around £30 plus fitting. Good Luck. *-)

• 2 months later...
[QUOTE]jaywalkerwalks - 2006-10-26 9:30 PM re cassette toilet fuse- remove the waste holding tank and lookin at the left hand side of the cavity just behinde the contact switch there will be either a blade fuse 3 amp or a black screw type fuse holder whitch holds a 3 amp glass fuse both readily available from your local dealer. I spent a whole day looking for this fuse checking every fuse in the van in the process,if flush still does not work then the pump will need replacing around £30 plus fitting. Good Luck. *-)[/QUOTE] not sure what thetford cassette we had in our motorhome but the flush is operated by a small microswitch which fails easily! BUT infact there are two microswitches if either fail it wont flush. one is under the flush knob and the other (tricky to spot and difficult to remove) is found by looking through the cassette hatch ,its on the top of the "hole" and determines if the cassette is in place (if it isnt "switched" by the cassette being fully inplace it stops flushing). both are cheap to buy and cheap enough to replace both for future reliability.

Archived