Timing belt change in Lancashire for Fiat 2.8 JTD

Zyroman

Hi guys, can anyone recommend someone in Lancashire to do a cambelt change on my Burstner 820 ? I had a look through classifieds in MMM and spotted crossleys who are not to far away. a quick look at the website looks like they do not get involved in the oily bits. I have seen some good reviews on Fiat assist in Warrington but a search brought up a thread on another forum saying they had closed? I rang Fiat trucks Walton summit but they didn't seem to have a clue, he quoted £400 + vat which seems steep and i have a feeling he would add to that once he saw the opening he had to work through. I tried my local garage but the van is to big for them at 3.2 m high and 8M long. I did do a search before posting and their does seem to be a lot of differing views on when it needs doing but to be honest I do not want to take a chance and although the miles are low it is on a 55 plate.

Hi David, can I suggest that you contact P&M Motor Engineers of Victoria Street, Nelson. phone number 01282 695461, they have all the facilities for servicing and MOT testing of motorhomes of all weights and sizes. I have used them many times in the past and they are very good.

I use BT Fleet for all my servicing of the motorhome and car, a couple of years ago they changed the cambelts on my previous Fiat based motorhome.

They have three garages in Lancashire - Preston, Blackburn and Carlisle. Use this link to contact your nearest garage

http://www.btfleet.com/garages/garage-network-general/north-midlands.aspx

I find they offer an excellent service at rates far below Fiat dealers, well worth contacting them for a competitive price.

Archived