small size blu-ray dvd player or non blu-ray

murphy99

Hi New member living in France. Limited space in cupboard above TV as dealer fitted Pace Box we provided end on rather than flat and difficult now to relocate.! Cupboard measures 52 cm wide X 23 cm deep BUT only 16.5 cm including HDMI connections deep with Pace Box as fitted.! Height of 33 cm so no problems there.

Thanks in advance.

Keith

Hi

Living in France - quelle chance!!

Try theses

http://www.maplin.co.uk/mini-mpeg-4-dvd-player-221718

http://www.myce.com/news/Mitsubishi-creates-mini-Blu-ray-player-15538/

I doubt prices will be good for Blu Ray at present since it is still not taken off. You could try a games console that plays Blu Ray in case you get bored??

Good luck

John

Hi John Thanks for your reply. Have looked at the 2 links the Maplin one too deep and can't seem to locate the Mitsubishi one yet. Will keep trying. We have Sony Blu-Ray DVD player for the house and both B-R and non B-R discs so it would be good to find a mini B-R player if I can. Just learned that our local Pro and Cie shop have a mini Toshiba with HDMI outlet ( non B-Ray ) which we may have alook at.

Looked at the PS3 Slim already but again the size too big.

All pointing to taking the Pace Box out somehow and relocating flat to maximise depth available.!

Keith

I wouldn't bother with Blu-ray unless you are going to cart a 42" screen around with you, on a 15 or 17" screen you are not going to notice the differance in quality.

If space is a problem why not fit a head unit with DVD player no extra space required just swap out the current radio.

Hi, we have just bought a DVD player to replace the one in the TV in the which at present won't read anything!

Got one at Asda for £19.99, I think, may have been cheaper. Connected it up using scart leads and excellent picture. Size is not much larger than a CD player, only thing it is top loading as opposed to front, but we find it slots onto a shelf just above the TV, and can be eased out if need be for putting the DVD in. Full remote and very pleasd. check this out, though I think we paid somewhat less at teh localstore....only about 4 weeks ago.

http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-Sp-Dvdtl01-Dvd-Player/000585709,default,pd.html

I see they also have others inc a front loader, and Blueray.Agree with the earlier comment though that in using on small TV Blueray probably not much advantage. Have one at home which gives really exc picture on 32" screen SONY.

Hi Lennyhb Thanks for your reply. Good point about screen size and will look into possibility of head unit. Reason for B-R Player that we have more B-R discs than non B-R.!

Before we came to France 8 years ago we lived in Pulborough West Sussex in House with great views over Wild Brookes and river Arun.!

Keith.

Hi Doug Thanks for your reply and yes I would be interested in your DVD Player. Can I check the Make and if the 137 mm dimension is the depth and if it has an HDMI output ( save space ) please.?

We have family and friends in UK who could either bring out to us or post. Let me know the price inc. post please.

Keith

keithchestney@wanadoo.fr

murphy99 - 2011-05-09 6:51 PM

Hi Keith T Thanks for your help. Any idea of the depth measurement of your ASDA DVD Player please.?

Will have a look at the others on ASDA site as well.

Keith

Can't get to check accurately as motorhome at Garage for MOT/Service...guess its about 6" square,and probably just over and inch in depth. When I get change will check and e-mail more accurate size if you wish!

I paid £12.97 at the localAsda (Eastbourne) about a month ago....so wonder if it's still a 'stock' item!

Archived