Croatia

alan

Hi All

Trying to organise a holiday in Croatia for this year and would like to make the normal trip from Ploce to Trpanj to miss the Bosnia bit - I can find the timetable but am unable to find the prices - can anybody give me a costing? We're also interested in visiting the island of Cres - is this island well worth visiting and, again, has anyone any idea of camping and ferry costs? Another query - are euros acceptable throughout Croatia? Any additional advice on Croatia would be gratefully received. Thanks in anticipation.

Alan :-D

alan - 2011-05-09 5:13 PM ............... Another query - are euros acceptable throughout Croatia? .................

I understand they can be used, but as the judge implies, the Croatian currency is the Kuna.  If you try using Euros, you may find the "local" exchange rate a bit unfavourable.  I'd recommend getting Kuna for cash.  Ferry cost us 272kn in autumn 2008.  It is quite a small ship. Pic attached.

Ploce-Trpanj.jpg.f47a6b54d0c8b92f39a43824a56d7ee7.jpg

JudgeMental - 2011-05-10 12:01 AM Hmmm........Looks like you have to reverse either on or off? *-)
   On, in our case, and the loadmaster wasn't paying full attention to one or two high level projections alongside the car deck.  So, to be safe, you do need to maintain your own look out.  However, the vehicle ramp lies nearly flat (Bora excepted!), so not too tricky.

Hi All

Thanks for all your help and advice. I take everybody's point on the "local" exchange rate between kuna and euros and, thank you, Brian, I'll keep an eye on the loading master when using the ferries. One query on Austria, I know I don't need a "go box" because I'm under 3.5 tonne but if you use the Blue Badge Scheme in the UK, are you entitled to free passage on the motorways without buying the vignette?

Alan

alan - 2011-05-11 12:14 PM

Hi All

Thanks for all your help and advice. I take everybody's point on the "local" exchange rate between kuna and euros and, thank you, Brian, I'll keep an eye on the loading master when using the ferries. One query on Austria, I know I don't need a "go box" because I'm under 3.5 tonne but if you use the Blue Badge Scheme in the UK, are you entitled to free passage on the motorways without buying the vignette?

Alan

NO :'( :'(

Archived