Motorhoming with a dog

rossifan

Tangara - 2011-05-20 12:17 PM

In any case - my question is more about sleeping arrangements.

I've never been keen on sharing my bedroom with any of my pets.

I'm just thinking that in the garage would be effectively separate 'bedrooms'.

Can I ask Mel, how are you finding the space in your Flash 04? Is there enough floorspace for your two dogs AND the human occupants?

Floor space is precious in even the largest of motorhomes, I don't think it makes any difference what size or layout your 'van has. Just get the one that suits you and put the dog's bed in one of the footwells.

Our two Border Collies shared the footwells for many years; the older one got the passenger side and the young one got the pedals 8-)

We've only got the one dog at the moment, and with no dirty great gearstick on the new 'van she is delighted to stretch out almost from door to door :-D

She'll get a shock when BC no. 4 comes along though, but she will get the pedal-free side - seniority has its perks ;-)

Hi,

We have a Blue Dane called "Baron" and a small Hymer B 584!!!

When on the road he sleeps on his bed (on the floor) in the van, once we get to site we have a Movelite XL driveaway awning which he sleeps in with no probs.

He has been away with us for winter breaks at Christmas and New Year as well as summer hols and he loves every minute of it, in fact when we are packing up to go on a trip we have a job to keep him out of the van as he seems worried we might forget him (fat chance!!).

If we can do it with a Great Dane, anyone can.

Mel.

Archived