Light grey (gray) print

tonyishuk

Am the only one having trouble reading some of the forum members messages because they are printed in light blue / grey print.

There seems no way I can adjust the contrast on my laptop screen to make some postings readable.

Maybe its just me poor old eyes *-) (Coupled with an equally old laptop)

Rgds

Vernon B - 2011-05-10 8:43 PM No it's not clever is it? Software developer is obviously under 16 has no appreciation of his/her customer needs. V
It is not the software chaps, it is the posters themselves selecting grey text whether wittingly or not.

What colour would you like best?

Or maybe you want larger!

To change, you need to select Rich Text in your profile.

Jon

Brambles - 2011-05-11 10:21 AM
Vernon B - 2011-05-10 8:43 PM No it's not clever is it? Software developer is obviously under 16 has no appreciation of his/her customer needs. V
It is not the software chaps, it is the posters themselves selecting grey text whether wittingly or not.

Jon

The problem is that, since the last Out&AboutLive website upgrade, anyone who insists on using "Rich Text" gets the grey font as default. Unsurprisingly, this also applies retrospectively. See:

Derek Uzzell - 2011-05-11 1:26 PM
Brambles - 2011-05-11 10:21 AM

Jon

The problem is that, since the last Out&AboutLive website upgrade, anyone who insists on using "Rich Text" gets the grey font as default. Unsurprisingly, this also applies retrospectively. See:

As my iMac's software and that of O&ALive are not in perfect harmony when it comes to the Rich Text option, I've switched off that option to return to a black default font and provide a working the link: http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21818&posts=12

Ahhh! I did not realise it was grey in Rich text format by default - thanks for mentioning Derek. So what the software chappies nead to do is change the default. What I do not understand is the difference in size beteeen 12 point fonts and 14 point fonts - it is a massive difference in size.

10 point font size

12 point font size

14 point font size

18 point font size.

Now this looks correct in size ratios in the edit box, but when I post appears very much smaller for 12 point.

So, I have now said no to rich text, and seem to have now lost the ability to change font, or font size or colour. The question is, will this come out black on white? Testing, testing! Looks fine in the preview, so how will it look when submitted. The bonus is, I get to see all those fun little emoticons as well! :-S

So, is this better, Chaps?

Archived