May have been converted......

ips

....to the wild side.

I have contributed many times on posts about wildcamping and the fact that Idont get it, however sat night we arrived on anglesey and paid £11 on CC site (no shower block but had hook up) had a drive around the island on sunday and ended up parked for the afternoon with two other MH's on a known wild camp spot right by the sea. We had a great view in the evening and woke to a wonderfull view through our bedroom window. We slept soundly and it cost nothing and it was a better view than the CC site ........ therefore I may try some wildcamping again as we rather enjoyed it.

Here is a pic I took at 5-30 ish sunday morning.

It seems clear your picture was of the little known, top secret, Anglesey nuclear installation. So secret is this that all digital cameras have the GPS co-ordinates implanted, and simply don't function when pointed in it's direction. You may also find you give off an ethereal glow for a few weeks. Nothing to worry about, of course.

I was always a bit wary of wild camping until we went to Ireland last year. Just done Scotland a couple of weeks ago with only 2 nights on a site. You sort off get hooked on it, I don't know what it is I can only say it really pleasant & certainly puts you off going to sites with loads of other people.

If Brian's theory is right you might start glowing in the dark, still it will save on battery power. (lol)

I think it is time for this thread to quietly slip away. One new convert is enough for now. :D

It would be terrible if too many converted. I had trouble getting a spot beside Sellafield a few weeks ago. I seem to be getting a bit dimmer now (left myself wide open there did'nt I). :D

ips, I shall be sending you a pm in a mo. ;-)

As and experienced wild camper including parts of Europe might I just mention the dangers?

You will be arrested and fined by the Police.

You will be gassed.

You will be attacked in your sleep and robbed.

Yobs will smash your van up.

And lots of other horrible things will happen to you.

You should give it up now, there will be no room left otherwise!

By the way, French aires and Wild Camping on the Spanish and Portugese beaches is dreadful, noisy, dangerous, and the Police arrest you every night.

Give it up now before it's to late.

H

Guest pelmetman
hallii - 2011-05-11 8:12 PM

As and experienced wild camper including parts of Europe might I just mention the dangers?

You will be arrested and fined by the Police.

You will be gassed.

You will be attacked in your sleep and robbed.

Yobs will smash your van up.

And lots of other horrible things will happen to you.

You should give it up now, there will be no room left otherwise!

By the way, French aires and Wild Camping on the Spanish and Portugese beaches is dreadful, noisy, dangerous, and the Police arrest you every night.

Give it up now before it's to late.

H

Sounds like fun :D ..............................

.... Yobs will smash your van up.

H

That is NOT funny .... to me at least! :'( ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2011-05-12 6:39 PM

.... Yobs will smash your van up.

H

That is NOT funny .... to me at least! :'( ;-)

That was your front door at home 8-) .................I couldn't find you at Peterborough >:-)

Mel B - 2011-05-12 6:46 PM

Silly boy .... too 'young' on this forum to know, but our Rimor was attacked on an aire in Holland - not pretty and certainly not fun! :-S

Sorry to hear about that Mel but it was not wildcamping if it was an Aire.

You are safer with us wildies. :D

Guest Tracker
ips - 2011-05-13 11:16 AM

I get the impression you lot are trying to put me off. :-D

Not at all - but we do need some folks to carry on paying juicy site fees to both of the Clubs so that our access to CLs/CSs can continue unabated without the cost of membership going up any more - so on behalf of all us non site campers - thanks!

747 - 2011-05-13 1:10 PM

Mel B - 2011-05-12 6:46 PM

Silly boy .... too 'young' on this forum to know, but our Rimor was attacked on an aire in Holland - not pretty and certainly not fun! :-S

Sorry to hear about that Mel but it was not wildcamping if it was an Aire.

You are safer with us wildies. :D

Aire today .... none tomorrow! :D

Archived