York Park & Ride

naittaw

I've often seen motorhomes parked in Foss Islands Road, and quite recently - this is quite accessible (walking) for the town centre.

Wasn't sure what the situation was with P&R, since there are now some newer sites than when I was last checking.

The council website, however, is quite forthcoming, and encouraging:

http://www.york.gov.uk/transport/Parking/motorhomes/

I have not used Monks Cross but I believe there are no problems parking there (according to a P+R driver)

At Grimston Bar it is fantastic! There is a motorhome only parking area by the bus stops. There is a barrier but it opens on request (electrically). Sometimes the operator spots you as you drive in and it opens as you approach. When you return to the car park tell the operator in the office and the barrier opens for you to leave. Easy! No height problems at all.

Beware driving through York. Choose your route carefully. At Easter I found myself heading for Micklegate (10ft oops!) and had to do a u turn!!!

Hi

yes Grimston Bar very good would recomend easy to get to, easy to park and staff very friendly and helpful.

You can also park at Mc'Arther Glen shopping outlet village on the ring road so you can double your retail pleasure *-)

York P+R at Grimston Bar [A1079/A64] and Monks' Cross [north east of York near CC site A1036/A1237/A64] have dedicated motorhome areas with barriers which are moved on request,

MacArthur Glen [A19/A64] is simply a vast car park - help yourself

I understand that the attendant at Rawcliffe [A19/A1237] will let motorhomes through the barrier - though I've never actually used this one

Parking area specific to vans / motorhomes still in operation at Foss Islands Road

hth - enjoy your visit

B-)

Archived