Fitting a dual LNB to an Oyster satelite dish

spartan3956

Can some one clarify if i can fit a twin LNB to my Oyster automatic satelite dish without causing a problem to its set up..

If i can replace the single LNB which would be the best one to get.

I was quoted £200 by Conrad anderson to fit one but i have seen dual LNB`s for as little as £20.

Pete

Hi, You may be able to buy a dual LNB for the price you mention, but dont forget the work involved of fitting it and routeing the cable down to a second outlet somewhere inside the van. I dont know the dome you use, so dont know how simple/complicated it may be but to my mind the price quoted to do the job it would be worth getting a second quote. It may also be that a "standard" lnb might not be mechanically compatible so do check before committing yourself.

tonyg3nwl

Why do you want a dual LNB? Is it so you can fit a box with a recorder and watch one channel whilst recording another or is it just to fit a Freesat or Sky box, if the later the Oyster box has a loop through allowing a 2nd box to be connected.

My Maxview Crank-up uses a standard 'Sky' LNB. I replaced it with a 20 quid Ebay quad.

If you use twin 'shot-gun' cable it's the same diameter as standard coax. So you can pull through the existing cable, attach the new one and pull it back again.

Thanks for the replies so far,

The reaason i want to convert to dual LNB`s is when starting up on a single and running it into a sky plus box twin inlets.

its never seems to be in the right imput socket so i am continually changing from one to another this causes wire breaks.Ive tried wire splitters and they dont work,

plus the gaffer wants to record when away.

Not easy being a man. I never have possesion of the remote.

Why not set the box at home to do all your recording and accept that just getting a signal whilst camping is a bonus. If it's just for SWMBO then tell her the box can't do that !! Much cheaper.

Is telly that important compared to whats outside the van?

I don't have a Sky box (I will never contribute to that b'stards pension fund) but I am sure there will be a setting to allow you to choose one input as the default. If not then that's another reason to use a cheap Comag sat box with just one input.

Good luck.

Recording on a sky+ box with a single input(lnb) is possible but trickier than with a twin, and you can't do 2 progs at once. Try a Google search or use the Digitalspy site for help as this has been. Discussed many times. IMHO easier (and more benefits) to fit twin lnb as quoted. We have SkyHd in van and watch little tv but are very selective about what and when we watch.

Chris

Archived