Weight Upgrade Again

kelly58

On our way to France 3 weeks ago I popped onto our local weighbridge with my Autsleeper Nuevo II EK and came in at 20kilo's under my 3300kg limit fully loaded 2 bikes half a tank of diesel and half a tank of water.

As I would like to have my weight upgraded to 3500kgs could anyone please advise as to what I have to do to obtain a bigger payload and roughly what the overall cost would be this would give me better peace of mind in keeping legal with the weight issue.

many Thanks Kelly

Guest JudgeMental
contact SV Tech with your van details and they will let you know over the phone...My panel van can be uprated to 3500kg from 3300kg but it needs air suspension on the rear axle....

JudgeMental - 2011-05-16 6:50 PM

contact SV Tech with your van details and they will let you know over the phone...My panel van can be uprated to 3500kg from 3300kg but it needs air suspension on the rear axle....

Did you mean upgrade from 3300KGs to 3500KGs Eddie?

D.

Guest JudgeMental
Dave Newell - 2011-05-16 6:56 PM

JudgeMental - 2011-05-16 6:50 PM

Did you mean upgrade from 3300KGs to 3500KGs Eddie?

D.

Yes I think so.... *-) :D

I'd also be interested in the responses. My Rapido is rated at 3300 kgs and I'd prefer the 3500 kgs option. I've already got the air suspension assistance fitted on the rear, so I'm assuming that it should be a straightforward paper exercise.

Air-ride suspension assistance is definitely recognised as we already had that on our Rimor Sailer when we looked into getting it uprated with SVTech who confirmed they could do it with a paper exercise.

Kel - you'll need to give them the full details of your current individual axle loadings and total axle loadings, and MAM, and then what you want go up to, along with your vehicle dimensions - they'll then be able to advise.

There's a form you need to fill in on the website page - see the link that Eddie has posted for you.

Have spoken to VTEC to-day and what a very helpfull guy £240 +vat for the service also looked at Marcle leisure for air assisted suspension £358 inclusive for the full kit to self fit so looks to be a very good idea as the way to go for the upgrade.

Archived