Remis Blinds on Sprinter conversion Don't close

skythepig

Does anyone have a new model Merc Sprinter with the Remis 3 windscreen blinds fitted. If so, do they shut with the rear view mirror in place.

On our new van they do not shut unless you bust your knuckles everytime removing the rear view mirror. the slot for the mirror is too high and the dealer says Remis does not supply them to fit properly, but in their instructions it shows them closed with the mirror in place.

Surely they should work as intended especially as they are not a cheap extra to have. 8o|

Who supplied/fitted the blinds? Converter, or dealer? It seems possible they have fitted an earlier type suitable only for the earlier Sprinter.

The only way to be sure will be to contact Remis, and ask them if the blinds for the latest Sprinter model are designed to close with the mirror in place. If they can assure the blinds should close, the wrong ones have been fitted and should be changed at the expense of whoever fitted them.

Our mirror is quite difficult to get off and you end up catching your knuckle on the blind cover. Surely though should they not fit correctly in the first place?

It seems the slot is in the wrong place, or had thought about a different mirror? But why should i when they cost so much, they should work!

Have got them on a X-250 and the cutout for the mirror stalk is very close (almost touching) the stalk. I would have though that it might be possible to realign the blind by adjusting the height of the top rod at the centre of the screen to allow it to fit.

I suspect that when the mirror stalk is bonded to the screen in the factory that they do not all end up in exactly the same spot and that the Remisfront blinds should have a longer cutout to allow for this.

Your alternative is to get the stalk rebonded to the screen, not a job I would care to undertake!

Roly

Hi If it is any use to you

I have just measured inside the van and I have 75mm/3 inches of clearance from the top of the mirror pad. The mirror goes on and off very easy in one second.

Cheer

Dawki

On X250 have reversing camera clipped onto mirror. seemed a bit tricky at first to get the blinds to close (and the magnets have to be perfectly aligned to stay closed!) but I just have to alter the angle ot he mirror to be a bit more upright and ensure the cable does not foul the blind.

On our previous X250 the morror fell off and it was a real nightmare to get anyone (Fiat of Swift) to refix it, so be careful about removing etc.

Archived