Quotable Quotes

Guest Peter James

Guest Peter James

"A GENERATION ago, the very idea that a British politician would go to Ireland to see how to run an economy would have been laughable. The Irish Republic was seen as Britain’s poor and troubled country cousin, a rural backwater on the edge of Europe. Today things are different. Ireland stands as a shining example of the art of the possible in long-term economic policymaking, and that is why I am in Dublin: to listen and to learn". - Gideon (George) Osborne ,The Times Feb 23 2006

This t*sser is in charge of the economy 8-)

Peter James - 2011-05-19 1:18 PM

"A GENERATION ago, the very idea that a British politician would go to Ireland to see how to run an economy would have been laughable. The Irish Republic was seen as Britain’s poor and troubled country cousin, a rural backwater on the edge of Europe. Today things are different. Ireland stands as a shining example of the art of the possible in long-term economic policymaking, and that is why I am in Dublin: to listen and to learn". - Gideon (George) Osborne ,The Times Feb 23 2006

This t*sser is in charge of the economy 8-)

Love it (lol)

Love it (lol) (lol)

Love it (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest peter
It's just a great pity that Ed Milliband hasn't got the balls to quote it at him when the idiot gets up in the house gloating about Gordon Brown.

Guest Tracker

Hands up everyone who wants to see Gordon Brown in charge of the IMF.

No? I didn't think so!

At least George Osborne appears to have learned a valuable lesson or three from the 'Irish experience' which was after all is said and done 5 years ago?

Has Gordon Brown learned the same lessons I wonder - or is he now the 'new improved second generation Jockish Celtic Tiger' - Grrrrrrrrrr?

Guest Peter James

When I first heard the suggestion of Gordon Brown as Head of the IMF I thought it must be a joke.

But is it any more ridiculous than Tony Blair being Middle East Peace Envoy?

Guest Peter James

I guess the difference is Strauss Kahn was a candidate for Sarkozys job, so Sarkozy recommended him for the IMF to get him out of his way

Brown would have recommended Blair for any job to get him out of his way.

But Cameron won't recommend Brown because he doesn't need to get him out of his way.

Brown is more use to Cameron as a Labour politician.

Archived