German Low Emissions Zone

kenny

German Low Emissions Zone  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi

I am having a bit trouble getting a low emissions zone sticker for Germany I have sent for one but have recieved a letter back saying that they need a certificate from the vehicle manufacture and as you can see in the go box questions this is a near impossible to get. The company I have been in touch with is TUV NORD so if anybody has any other companys that I can try I would be gratefull.

It is easier to get one when you are in Germany, we just got one from a car dealer just showed them the V5. You will get queried on the emissions as if you are registered as a "Motor Caravan" the V5 will not show the emissions, we just pointed out the year of registration that was good enough.

You can go to any car dealer or TUV testing station in Germany, if in doubt ask at the local tourist office.

I suggest that you do as we did.

We knew we would be passing certain towns so, using the internet, we looked up the addresses of the TUVs. We then turned up. They looked at the vehicle, checked the chassis number etc, checked the log book and did the necessary.

It takes a bit of time but you do, at least, get the right thing.

http://www.tuev-sued.de/car_vehicles/tuev_sued_service_centre2

Unless they have changed the system, the State authorities in Berlin will issue one based on a scan of page 2 of the V5C.

All available online with 6 Euros payment by credit card.

See the details in the thread:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22227&posts=6

.....people still seem to have been successful with this reasonably recently.

(And their backing documentation details that foreign vehicles will be assessed on registration date, not documented emissions values, as follows - in English).

https://www.berlin.de/sen/umwelt/luftqualitaet/de/luftreinhalteplan/download/Umweltzone_Broschuere_en.pdf

Looks like i will get one over there as its no problem but like to have most things sorted before I go I have spent enough times in foreign garages. The site I tried to get one on was one that the goverment site sent me to so even though I sent a copy of my V5 they still refuse to do it unless I have a emission certificate so not sure if things are changing

I tried to get a permit/sticker in hamburg from the TUV office and a Ford main agent for my transit 2007 with no success. I then went to Frieburg ( sticker necessary as I was parking in the town and this required or you risk a 40 Euro fine!) in the south and got one easily from the main Ford garage without the technician looking at the van, it was a Euro 4 standard.

I think that the hamburg area were not at all helpfull as thy do not issue permits very often to foreigners as the area does not require them. They also requested to see the van to confirm wether it was fitted with a filter that would make the van Euro 5 compliant.

I have since purchased for my cars via the internet permits with no problem, I just emailed with an attached copy of the UK registration doc and used my card for payment.

Robinhood'

Just been on the Berlin website as I will need to get a sticker for about 3 or4 weeks time.

They ask for a countrycode in parenthises after the vehicle reg no. What is the uk country code?

Am I missing something here - is the dementure starting to kick in?

Geoff,

I just did my registration number followed by (GB) as in the internationally recognised country code for the additional "GB" plate.

Edit.

Just checked my confirmation eMail to confirm.

Value used was in the format XXnn XXX (GB)

and,

....you should only need to scan/copy the second page of the V5C - the one with the majority of the detail on it.

This gives the date of first registration, which is what they act on.

I used TUV Nord. Their service is unbelievably quick... They required a fax of page 2 of the V5C confirming that the engine was Euro4 compliant and that was that, a sticker in four days. Unfortunately they charge 6 euros inland and 12 euros ausland, they do not acccept cash, PP or credit cards and if you need to pay in sterling you have to pay their Croydon office and they charge £20 *-)

Hi, Robinhood & Dwaviation.

I shall try the Berlin site and see what happens.

Also I shall just send the second page of the Reg Doc as they seem to have a limit set for the content of the Doc (computerwise that is). As I know as much about computers as I do Quantum Physics I shall play safe.

Thanks

Geoff,

according to Motorhomefacts the system is still working OK via the Berlin website (within the last week!).

I scanned the single page (2) of the V5C to a PDF file, and it came in at 844KB, well under the prescribed limit.

Good Luck!

Archived