How as you your Motorhome Dealer

postnote

How as you your Motorhome Dealer  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have all had differing expereinces with the dealers we bought our motor homes from. Although their sales team are very good at selling more often than not the servicing and fault rectification service falls well short of the mark.

Your survey is a little simplistic. What dealers do is sell vehicles, deliver them and instruct the buyer on how to use it, put faults right and carry out routine servicing. Nearly every dealer will be good at selling the majority are good at handover but when it comes to rectifying faults whether warranty or not is where the problems arise. The response from Forum members on any particular dealer are from one extreme to the other. Servicing generally is good. The mechanics that are used by dealers also vary considerably, with many very well trained and excellent but some are not up to the job. The problem with warranty work is mainly down to the reception staff who dont have any feeling for urgency or getting things done quickly but in many cases that is because the warranty system is very slow and cumbersome. Claims have to be notified to the warranty company who take ages to agree them and once agreed the dealer has to order the bits. That process can take 3 weeks. It is also a fact that warranty labour charges are in most case significantly lower than the dealer charges so carrying out warranty work is only marginally profitable.The major problem with warranty work is very clearly the fault of the manufacturerss who set up the warranty with unrealistic labour rates and not the dealers.

Guest pelmetman
This thread should be interesting, as I still have the hand written snag list from my father inlaw when he bought our camper from Marquis in 1990 :D ..............and to be fair they did sort out the problems some of which were minor and down to the base vehicle which is a ford who I have since decided after I bought a works van in 1999 are crap *-)

I found that I needed to be able to select multiple options to accurately describe our experience of our dealership, both pre and post sales.

1. Satisfied

2. Would buy from again

3. Would recommend

4. Good attitude to problems

Ken.

Archived