Carvynick Motorhome only campsite

Zyroman

I live at Newquay, about 5 miles away. However I have stayed at the site on a couple of occasions. It is also the home of 'Itchy Feet' RV sales.

The site is within a few minutes of the A30 at Summercourt. The sites pitches are big as they cater for mainly RV,s. Most pitches are hard standing with wood decking the length of the pitch alongside. electric water and and black and grey waste disposal on each pitch. Yes I do mean black toilet waste as catering for RV,s they can connect outlet direct to the sewer pipe.

Golf and an indoor swimming pool are on site and a separately run restaurant.

I think you will find it quite expensive however. I have paid around £30 per night in the past.

I have a Euramobil TAG and I see you have an Elegance. The last part of the access road for about half mile is a bit narrow with a few passing places but not much uses the road. I have never met anything

If you want to know anything else let me know

Regards, Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. I know £30 seems expensive but being used to summer holidays in Majorca and Florida with kids during school holidays it looks cheap. we are fairly new to the game and although the lack of a kids playground (I think) is a shame having looked at at reviews for some of the more commercial sites I think I would prefer somewhere quieter. Of course all the good sites are booked and as I am hoping to leave this site and move over to the Winchester area for the weekend to watch the Motocross GP (dont tell the Wife just yet :) ) before trying to find somewhere maybe around the new Forest, thanks for the offer of advice and I might well take you up on that closer to the time.

I think there is a small kids play area. I have looked at their website and at some times their prices have come way down from when I went there last. In May and June for instance (except bank holiday weekend) it seems to be about £15. Thats alot less than I recall in the past

The kids might like looking at the american RV,s as well

It is a nice quiet site with some great views right across country in the Newquay direction. Even better if good weather. You might want to try 'Viners' restaurant which is on site but a separate business. Both Carvynick and Viners have websites and prices etc.

Dave

Archived