Packing the van

Poppy

Guest Tracker

Depends on how you want him to smell towards the end of the month I suppose?

It wouldn't bother me as long as I could wear my favourite shirt every day!

Guest JudgeMental
Poppy - 2011-05-23 10:47 AM

For a months holiday.I have given OH (male) one sixth of the cupboard space and one hanger in the wardrobe.Does that seem about right or have I given him too much?

I would say you are far to generous! If he thinks he needs more you are obviously not beating him hard enough.....

Tracker - 2011-05-23 10:55 AM

Depends on how you want him to smell towards the end of the month I suppose?

It wouldn't bother me as long as I could wear my favourite shirt every day!

Funny old world - clean shirt every day at home only change them in the van when they get a bit high (lol)

mrs ips has all but one hanger in the wardrobe (my jacket goes on one) and all of the rear lockers. I however have all of the storage locker above the cab, seems I have as many clothes in there as I do at home. Shower and change daily just as I do at home just put used stuff in a bag and chuck it in the garage till we get home. Cant see any excuse for wearing the same clothes for days on end, you lot not got any lockers or sumat :-D

josie gibblebucket - 2011-05-23 11:22 AM

lennyhb - 2011-05-23 11:09 AM

I keep 'er in doors under control by taking the van over the weighbridge as we set off on most trips .

Are you trying to say that if 'er indoors is too heavy you leave her behind? :-D

Unfortunately can't get away with that as she is under 7 stone.

Guest Tracker
josie gibblebucket - 2011-05-23 11:22 AM

Are you trying to say that if 'er indoors is too heavy you leave her behind? :-D

Now there's a thought!

Who needs "hang-up" clothes when you're on your hols?

We had removable shelves fitted in the space under the hanging rail in our wardrobe, as we never use the rail when touring and we needed the space for folded clothes. On the odd occasions when we use the van to go to a "smart" event, the shelves get left at home and the rail goes back in. Simples!

(And there's room for BOTH of us!) :-D

We also converted the "hanger" wardrobe space in our MH by fitting shelves....on the basis that we go MH touring, not Royalty entertaining or posh dining.

So it's shorts, and jeans, and sweatshirts, and T shirts and stuff, not suits and frocks.

Much better.

I still get only 1 shelf, but the Sparkle can fit even more clothes in now............

Guest pelmetman

We have a fabric shelving unit that clamps together over the hanging rail with thick velcro and there is just enough room to one side of it for one coat hanger each. This enables us to have one set of smarter clothing to wear, the rest of our stuff is folded neatly on said shelves, three each.

The days when we took loads of clothes away with us are long gone, we found that we hardly put half the stuff on and stuck to old favourites. Besides its not hard to do a bit of washing now and again.

SUE

Poppy - 2011-05-23 11:47 AM For a months holiday.I have given OH (male) one sixth of the cupboard space and one hanger in the wardrobe.Does that seem about right or have I given him too much?

Why does he need so much space?

I cant see that you would need anymore, three or four tee's ditto underpants, ditto shorts, pair long trousers for posh wear, no socks, spare sandals, overalls for clambering under the van (still in packet tho') Carrying loads of stinking clothes for a month doesnt seem very pleasant, if its all dirty/needs refreshing just put in a plastic sack with some detergent and some warm water, tie sack, place in shower tray and go for a drive,rinse, hang out in the sun the next day (Wearing swimming costume B-) ) put back on!!!!!

Even though we are naturists (34 years now) we still take quite a lot of clothes in the motor home. The old joke that a naturist does not take any is a myth. We attend our naturist club rallies in fields and clubs. By the way if any one wants more info PM us.

Our wardrobe is narrowish, the clothes on hangers are a pain to get in/out and dangle down into the basket at the bottom of the wardrove that we keep the tins of dog food and biscuits in so it can be a nuisance fumbling around in the dark grappling for something 'meaty' to give them.

So I must admit that I'm thinking of putting shelves in our wardrobe rather than use it as is, although we do already have a hanging shoe rack suspended from the rail which solves the problem of where they go, however as I already have a hanging wide clothes shelf so might give that a try first.

If you hang him, you'll find he bangs around a bit in the cupboard for a few miles and then there will be deathly silence.

Whilst silence is bliss, you will have to decide whether to declare one or two adults when booking in. Not sure if the clubs count bodies or live humans in their fee structure and you could end up arguing the toss with the site owners. I doubt any site will be too pleased if you dump his body in the recycle area.

Try hanging him and trussing him. That will stop the banging about a bit and you could still produce him when you need the cassette emptying. He would also act as a shelf for your clothes.

Guest pelmetman
art338 - 2011-05-27 10:03 PM

What are hangers?

Its a defunct position in the prison service :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
suntrecker1 - 2011-05-26 3:05 PM

Even though we are naturists (34 years now) we still take quite a lot of clothes in the motor home. The old joke that a naturist does not take any is a myth. We attend our naturist club rallies in fields and clubs. By the way if any one wants more info PM us.

Naturists in Bromsgrove, blimey your brave :-S

• 3 weeks later...
1footinthegrave - 2011-05-28 8:40 AM

suntrecker1 - 2011-05-26 3:05 PM

Naturists in Bromsgrove, blimey your brave :-S

Why ? we don't walk around the town centre as naturists

Guest peter
Mel B - 2011-05-26 7:10 PM

Our wardrobe is narrowish, the clothes on hangers are a pain to get in/out and dangle down into the basket at the bottom of the wardrove that we keep the tins of dog food and biscuits in so it can be a nuisance fumbling around in the dark grappling for something 'meaty' to give them.

QUOTE]

The mind boggles at the thought of you "fumbling around in the dark grappling for something 'meaty' " Mel. :$ (lol)

Archived