This should be interesting?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Just washed and polished my old Rover Sterling and noticed that someone had has a go at removing my number plates >:-(

Whether they had a go at them on my drive or when we were out? I dont know but the plates are still hanging on *-)............

I wonder if I will start getting speeding tickets, and congestion charge fines :-S ...When I traded my old Rover in for this one I got a ticket a couple of weeks after I part exchanged it *-) Fortunatly I had the paperwork to prove it was no longer mine :D

Guest Tracker

You can get security nuts and bolts that will only tighten and not undo but on the basis that most low life will not be expecting it I use a different method to affix number plates.

Not hi tec, not foolproof either - just different - and inexpensive!

With the police having the technology to check MOT, Road Tax and Insurance status from their cars, those without any or all of the above get a huge advantage by finding a legit car of the same type and colour and having false plates made up or pinching yours! That way, with copies of your legit plates on their unisured, untaxed MOT failure wreck can cruise the roads without any problems.

I would mention it to the Police Dave and note the date and time of doing so - at least then you can point out that you were targetted. It may give them a bit more valuable info.

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2011-05-24

I would mention it to the Police Dave and note the date and time of doing so - at least then you can point out that you were targetted. It may give them a bit more valuable info.

That's probably a good idea Clive (^) .Then if I do start getting tickets it might help having told the police :D

Another interesting piece of news is that from next month all vehicles have to be insured whether on or off road. Currently vehicles are only checked for insurance when they are being driven and pass the ANPR cameras or the police have a feel about the driving.

Not sure how it will work as some vehicles are not shown as having a registered keeper according to the DVLA database.

How will they do it I wonder?

;-)

Guest Tracker
net-traveller - 2011-05-25 12:12 PM

Another interesting piece of news is that from next month all vehicles have to be insured whether on or off road. Currently vehicles are only checked for insurance when they are being driven and pass the ANPR cameras or the police have a feel about the driving.

Not sure how it will work as some vehicles are not shown as having a registered keeper according to the DVLA database.

How will they do it I wonder?

;-)

It will simply make life harder for responsible law abiding people whilst the low life will continue as before relying on an overstretched police force's lack of resources to catch them.

And even if they are caught how does someone with no money pay a fine or buy tax and insurance or with no licence be suspended?

So with jails full to bursting point community service orders might be a growth area - and what will convicts need to attend community service - why a car of course - because the trains don't work and are unaffordable and buses are being cut faster than summer lawns after a rainstorm!

The only way round it for you and me is to cash in the tax disc on any out of use vehicle and get a refund as it is simple enough to retax any vehicle on line - or it should be?

Net result - less ved income for the govt?

Well thought out innit?

Guest pelmetman
Sounds like it might of happened last weekend, as spoke to our neighbour today and they had some scrap metal disappear from the side of their garage *-) .......I seem to recall Troy barking in the middle of the night :D ..........Usually its Badgers, so maybe this time it was Baddies >:-(

pelmetman - 2011-05-25 4:24 PM

Sounds like it might of happened last weekend, as spoke to our neighbour today and they had some scrap metal disappear from the side of their garage *-) .......I seem to recall Troy barking in the middle of the night :D ..........Usually its Badgers, so maybe this time it was Baddies >:-(

Interesting headlines "TROY, BADGERED by BADDIES" - Would be nearly perfect if Baddies were wearing Black/White striped shirts :D

Guest pelmetman
Big Momma - 2011-05-25 6:57 PM

Interesting headlines "TROY, BADGERED by BADDIES" - Would be nearly perfect if Baddies were wearing Black/White striped shirts :D

"TROY RODGERS BADDIES".............................good boy :D

I believe the motivation for the insurance lobby was financial but as a result of the new law the uninsured vehicles can be seized & scrapped when not being driven.

After losing a vehicle only the 'hardcore' will continue. Even they may give up after losing several.

Downside is that it may lead to more vehicles being stolen.

The travelling people who are here continually, buy cars from local scap dealers (maybe for spare parts) and drive them around the advanced factories and on the landscaped areas, they rip up the bedding plants, smash down the new fencing and they have even demolished the lamp posts by driving in to them. Workmen who were there removing what was left of the lamp posts were saying these people had even tapped in to the electrical supply on the lamp posts for their caravans! There are a least 2 cars burnt out and 1 caravan left from last week. I dont think they bother with insurance either? >:-)

Guest Tracker

I was under the impression that once a car had been declared scrapped on the V5 it was illegal to sell it on complete?

Is it beyond the wit of the authorities to find out via reg no, engine no or vin no who these cars last belonged to on the V5 and to take action against the real villains?

If it ain't illegal to sell on a complete car once scrapped then it bloomin well should be - oh but sorry I forgot - that wouldn't penalise or inconvenience honest people would it - only the minority scumbags - and we mustn't persecute those poor minority victims of modern society now must we?

Archived