Silicone sealants

MikeP

Silicone sealants  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Help!, just bought a new Omnistor Plus 2 bike rack short version for my cheyenny to replace the cheapie version fitted by the dealer. Instructions say fill the fitting holes with NON ACIDIC silicone paste. The only ones I know all produce acetic acid whilst curing. Can anyone out therte wise me up, a brand name would be helpful. Thanks in anticipation, Mike P

Hi Mike We have an Omnistore Plus 2 rack, whichwe fitted ourselves I drilled the holes; then painted the raw edges with a rust perventative paint, before fitting the rack Silicone sealant we used was B&Q's External sealant Putting a layer on both the internal and external fittings, wipig off excess on both sides after tightening up. That is two years back and have had no problems.

The normal sealant used for sealing round the aluminium brackets for solar panels is Sikaflex 262. It is a glue as well as a sealant and is moisture cured. It's available in toothpaste-type tubes as well as the larger dispensers used by builders, etc.

Archived