Caravan Club CL sites download

cyclops2

Just downloaded CC CL sites from CC website.( I am a member ). Put them into my tomtom one v4 all seemed fine. Until I checked what was nearest to me and found that the first 8 were 3885 miles away and the next 2 were 5019 miles away. The sites seem to be genuine. Anyone any ideas, is it me my satnav or the website?

Pete

My concern with this is that a lot of the long and lat entries on the CC site are completely wrong!

Motorhome Facts now has them all on their campsite map, its much easier to use than the CC site but I started updating a few and what I think the CC have done is plot the Lat and Long from the post code. The issue with this in rural areas is that the postcode can actually be up to a mile out as we have found on many occasions when driving to CL sites.

What they need to do is get every CL owner to stand outside with their Sat nav and make a note of the CORRECT lat and long, then it would be useful. Will that happen? Not in my lifetime knowing the CC.

Hi,

what the CC have done is to transpose the Lat and Long co-ords. They have done the same with the main CC sites file.

I discovered this myself last night and used a spreadsheet editor to swap the data around to fix it.

You would have thought that they would have checked it worked before releasing it. !!

Archived