Tent v camper pitch prices?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Something that has puzzled me for a while, why do tenters pay less than motorhomes :-S .....

It could be argued that tenters use more facilities than motorhomes who mostly have their own, and judging by some of the outfits we have seen lately their not short of a bob or two :D

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2011-05-31 8:09 PM

Hi I think you will find that they don't on C&CC sites and they have to pay more if they want to pitch their 10m x 6m canvas bungalow. John 8-)

Bungalow :D ...........your not kidding..........Its fascinating watching some of them go up 8-)

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2011-05-31 9:19 PM

pelmetman ...........your not kidding..........Its fascinating watching some of them go up 8-)

You Perve 8-) :-D

Dave

(lol) (lol) (lol)

It bugs me to pay more than tent campers - we have a small van and leave less impression and require fewer facilities than tenters. We have been told that most camp site owners assume that caravanners and camper van users can afford to pay more because if they have the spare £ to buy the 'vans, they can afford to pay more for a pitch >:-(

aultymer - 2011-06-03 12:11 AM

Matt - they could be right!!

Former tenter, tugger and m/homer!

In many cases, I guess they can but it bugs me that pitches are priced according to a perceived ability to pay - particularly when our 'van cost £4k - less than a 10th of the price of some of the cars I have seen on tent pitches. I sometimes wonder what pitch price bracket I should be in - the same as someone in a £60K 'van, a camper in a tent twice as large as our vehicle foot print or a back packer tenter that kills the grass? No easy solution but some site managers have compromised - in some cases, they have charged us a tent price and in others, they have not included our boy in the pitch fee. Common sense lives, occasionally ;)

Guest pelmetman
MattR - 2011-06-03 8:19 PM

In many cases, I guess they can but it bugs me that pitches are priced according to a perceived ability to pay - particularly when our 'van cost £4k - less than a 10th of the price of some of the cars I have seen on tent pitches. I sometimes wonder what pitch price bracket I should be in - the same as someone in a £60K 'van, a camper in a tent twice as large as our vehicle foot print or a back packer tenter that kills the grass? No easy solution but some site managers have compromised - in some cases, they have charged us a tent price and in others, they have not included our boy in the pitch fee. Common sense lives, occasionally ;)

This is my point you should be charged just for the pitch and number of persons on it, regardless of your outfit *-) ................................Seems like a much fairer system to me ;-)

Looking at the cost of UK sites, I'd think quite a few younger campers will be grateful they don't have to pay as much as caravaners/motorhomers, especially those with families. Besides which, who would benefit from standard charging? Is it to be assumed that the charge for caravans/motorhomes would fall, to balance out the higher revenue gained from tenters? Really? You silly, twisted, boys! :-)

I must be missing something here. C&CC standard pitch £3.55 Jumbo tent pitch £10.20. Even at non club sites I've never seen a lower price for tents based on the same type pich. Perhaps I live a sheltered life. John (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2011-06-04 6:40 PM

Looking at the cost of UK sites, I'd think quite a few younger campers will be grateful they don't have to pay as much as caravaners/motorhomers, especially those with families. Besides which, who would benefit from standard charging? Is it to be assumed that the charge for caravans/motorhomes would fall, to balance out the higher revenue gained from tenters? Really? You silly, twisted, boys! :-)

Well just a thought?...... When I was a proper worker, I did subsidise other peoples breedings habits via my taxes 8-) ........... So I Now have to support them if they wish to go camping :-S ..................

When will pay back happen if they don't leave university until their mid 20's?.............Considering all the taxes spent on them getting an education :D..............at numpties like me................ expense?

Please note I am p*ssed as a fart and now heading for the bunker (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .................Look at that time .......................I should be a pumkin by now ;-)

pelmetman - 2011-06-05 1:11 AM

Brian Kirby - 2011-06-04 6:40 PM

Well just a thought?...... When I was a proper worker, I did subsidise other peoples breedings habits via my taxes 8-) ........... So I Now have to support them if they wish to go camping :-S ..................

When will pay back happen if they don't leave university until their mid 20's?.............Considering all the taxes spent on them getting an education :D..............at numpties like me................ expense?

Please note I am p*ssed as a fart and now heading for the bunker (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .................Look at that time .......................I should be a pumkin by now ;-)

" Payback will happen " when you are old and grey and todays youngsters will be the doctors , nurses, care workers, pizza delivery men,etc, who will be looking after your needs.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2011-06-05 8:39 AM

" Payback will happen " when you are old and grey and todays youngsters will be the doctors , nurses, care workers, pizza delivery men,etc, who will be looking after your needs.

;-)

But will it (?) .........For example KTHR Malcolm has just decicded to retire at 70 B-) ....so assuming he started work at 15, he has done 55 years of graft and generating tax.

So if we also chuck into the equation the cost of Malcolms education and for a symplistic formular if we work on for every year of his education he had to work 1 year to pay back the cost to the state :D

The profit and loss of Malcolm to UK PLC will look like this :-D

55 years working..........less 10 years education = 45 years profit to UK PLC ;-)

If you do the same for a student who starts work at 25 (lol)

55 years working ...ASSUMING... that they work untill their 80 8-) ....less 20 years education = 35 years profit to UK PLC...................................They could of course work untill their a 100 to make the same contribution as Malcolm (lol) (lol) (lol)

Archived