memory foam matress toppers

robkilby

When we downsized from a Van which had a fixed bed to our PVC we bought Raskelf Duvalays mainly for the convenience of storage and rapid bedmaking. They sit rolled up on the rear seas in transit and on the cab seats when on site.

It takes literally 30 seconds to roll them out.

They come in different thicknesses of foam and tog rating.

We bought the thinnest (2.5cm) and lightest (5 tog). These cost £99.95 currently but are sometimes on offer.

For us the 2.5 thickness is fine and very comfortable. The thin duvet part is fine for the spring and summer but for winter we simply use an ordinary 12 tog duvet from home which fits perfectly into the pocket.

A significant investment but for us at least a very useful item.

Hi,

We've had 'Raskelf' 2" topper for about eight years; not cheap but the difference it makes is brilliant. Never experienced any overheating. They cut ours to suit our bed size & it was then put into a made to measure zipped cover.They even threw in an 'off-cut' that fits nicely into place (ours L shaped living quarters leaves a small area that wouldn't have been covered)

Cover is easily removed for washing. When we are on our travels the topper lives in the area above the cab. Rolls up nicely & wife made some large bands that keeps it nice & tidy & easy to unroll at night.

Also remembered as mentioned above - It did smell when it first arrived, so it was unrolled & left in the spare bedroom for a few days. It's been fine since those initial few days.

I'm afraid Eddie will need to read this thread ;-)

The original mattresses in our van where rock hard, even a 2" topper wasn't comfortable for me, so gf decided we would replace the original foam mattresses for memory foam mattresses, surprisingly they only cost around same as Raskelf toppers, gf finds them very good, but myself being heavier still found them uncomfortable, so i have an old 2" egg box foam topper as well.

Archived