Chausson NO more!

After nearly six months giving supplying dealer benefit of the doubt finally lost all confidence in my quirky Chausson Welcome Suite mostly problems with the "drop down bed"!! Motorvan was returned to dealer and replaced with a Swift Mondial FB PVC conversion what a difference! I am now looking forward to being able to go away and not worry about what is going to drop off or jam or seize up! Or am I just being optimistic! Only time will tell but to drive a PVC they are so much quieter than the coachbuilt. :-D

Guest JudgeMental

we have just recently took delivery of a Adria PVC and its the best thing we have ever done! wish we had never even bothered with our previous Euramobil coachbuilt....The van drives and behaves beautifully on the road, no more sailing around roundabouts, and fuel consumption much better. The only thing I miss is the secure garage for expensive E bikes....

Just back for a week in Wales and some narrow roads that would have ruined my day with all the stress..not a problem with a panel van... And even the wife has driven this one already! She would not go near the Eura in over 4 years:-D

JudgeMental - 2011-06-05 11:51 AM

we have just recently took delivery of a Adria PVC and its the best thing we have ever done! wish we had never even bothered with our previous Euramobil coachbuilt....The van drives and behaves beautifully on the road, no more sailing around roundabouts, and fuel consumption much better. The only thing I miss is the secure garage for expensive E bikes....

Just back for a week in Wales and some narrow roads that would have ruined my day with all the stress..not a problem with a panel van... And even the wife has driven this one already! She would not go near the Eura in over 4 years:-D

Have thought about a PVC for the reasons you say Eddie but when I weigh it up I've yet to find a road that's defeated us, last month went up the road to Wasdale Head No entry over 6'6 except access (we wanted access to car park) no problem, we are 2.35m wide (7'9") last year went down a road in Ireland with both door mirrors touching the hedge on both sides.

We have spent a couple times taking 10 mins getting past delivery vans on narrow roads with stone walls on both sides of the road, the amount of time this happens does not justify changing the van. Having weighed it all up the next van will probably be a bigger one.

Must admit the wife will only drive it on Motorways which we try to avoid so I end up doing all the driving (and cooking & washing up when away).

Archived