Amusing politics

CliveH

An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.

A representative from Israel began:

"Before beginning my talk, I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought,' What a good opportunity to have a bath!'

Moses removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them! "

The Palestinian representative at the UN jumped up furiously and shouted,

"What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then!"

The Israeli representative smiled and said, "And, now, that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech."

Guest pelmetman

I seem to recall he also said in reply to a female politician who said... "You sir are drunk!" ....he replied.. "And you madam are ugly! but tomorrow I will be sober" :D

Can you imagine any of the present lot having the balls to say that in public (lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2011-06-10 12:13 PM

I seem to recall he also said in reply to a female politician who said... "You sir are drunk!" ....he replied.. "And you madam are ugly! but tomorrow I will be sober" :D

Can you imagine any of the present lot having the balls to say that in public (lol) (lol) (lol)

The woman referred to in this instance was Bessie Braddock

Guest pelmetman
Syd - 2011-06-10 6:00 PM

Now there was a woman who you most certainly wouldn't want sitting on your face :$ :$ :D

I once had a naked black lady sit on my face and broke my glasses 8-) .....................but it wasn't my fault :D

I cannot remember who or when (it was some time ago) - but one MP stood up in the House of Commons and said that another MP on the other side of the house "did not have the brains of an idiot"

The speaker intervened and said he had to retract the statement.

So the MP stood up and confirmed that the other MP "did have the brains of an idiot".

Wonderful stuff (lol)

Archived