good adult only site in Dorset

t5tripper

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good adults only site in Dorset please. We don't have any objection to families camping and indeed use a lot of sites that are for everyone but as we are looking for something during peak holiday season we thought we would try and find adult only.

Thanks very much

PS - edit

I am sorry I think I might be in the wrong section for this - sorry.

Secondly I have just searched the rest of the MMM website and found this one

Bingham Grange Touring & Camping Park (Adults-only) - will give that a try

ANOTHER EDIT:

JUST HAD A LOOK AT UKCAMPSITE TO SEE THE REVIEWS, SITE HAS FABULOUS REVIEWS BUT APPARENTLY THERE IS A DOG KENNELS VERY CLOSE AND THE DOGS BARK AND HOWL WHICH WILL BE OK FOR CARAVAN PEOPLE BUT FOR TENTS AND FOR THOSE LIKE US THAT USE A POP TOP THIS COULD BE AN ISSUE (USUALLY IT'S ROAD NOISE WE FIND WITH SITES - NEVER HAD DOG HOWLING LOL!)

cheers T5T

t5tripper - 2011-06-10 12:14 PM

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a good adults only site in Dorset please. We don't have any objection to families camping and indeed use a lot of sites that are for everyone but as we are looking for something during peak holiday season we thought we would try and find adult only.

Thanks very much

PS - edit

ANOTHER EDIT:

JUST HAD A LOOK AT UKCAMPSITE TO SEE THE REVIEWS, SITE HAS FABULOUS REVIEWS BUT APPARENTLY THERE IS A DOG KENNELS VERY CLOSE AND THE DOGS BARK AND HOWL WHICH WILL BE OK FOR CARAVAN PEOPLE BUT FOR TENTS AND FOR THOSE LIKE US THAT USE A POP TOP THIS COULD BE AN ISSUE (USUALLY IT'S ROAD NOISE WE FIND WITH SITES - NEVER HAD DOG HOWLING LOL!)

cheers T5T

Try this website:

www.adultcampsites.com

Definitely recommend this one:-

http://www.warmwellcaravanpark.co.uk/

We are on a seasonal pitch here and have been since 2007. We went there exactly because it has an adult’s only part after having a family play cricket with a real cricket ball (!) just yards from our 3 year old caravan that we had just bought.

When we were there we liked it and signed up for a year because my wifes mother was very ill and having a seasonal pitch enabled us to use the cvan regularly with the minimum of fuss when it was possible to organise carers.

Very strange to go on a touring holiday for a week and come back without the caravan!

There is some road noise but this should be a lot less from now on as the road was a "rat run" out of Weymouth whilst the new relief road was being built for the Olympics (the sailing is to be at Portland)

As for dogs - the only noise is usually one of our two retrievers on their backs gently snoring - or it could be me - sometimes hard to tell apparently.

Do PM me if you want any more info.

t5tripper - 2011-06-10 12:14 PM

Hi All

Thanks very much

PS - edit

ANOTHER EDIT:

cheers T5T

Hi Karen

We stayed at Bingham Grange for 3 nights (early June this year). If there are Dog Kennels nearby we never heard them (day or night) & we are both light sleepers.

If fact I would go as far as to say - the quietest site we have every been on.

It has 2 levels & we were above the Reception / Shower Block.

Tents are on a lower level, so I don't know if the Dogs could be heard there, as it drops into a valley.

It's worth a phone call to very friendly Reception & ask.

Hi Clive and Flicka,

Thank you very much for your really helpful posts, We don't live that far from either site so will call in on both when we are out on our travels, just wanted a bolt hole about an hour from home that we could go and relax for the weekend or a bit longer.

Thanks for the information re Bingham Grange - they were very helpful on e mail and said sometimes you can hear them sometimes you can't depending on wind direction etc.

Clive - your site certainly looks promising - thank you very much.

Thanks very much indeed

Karen

CliveH - 2011-06-15 11:24 AM

Eric left a while back and now works at the big holiday park, down the hill, on he other side of the road.

Ah, the one with the ski-slope. Thanks for the update. I was with Eric one night when we all got thrown out of there (something to with passes I think, or was it alcohol?)

What goes around, comes around...

Archived