ACSI vs Camping Cheques

tugga

As I understand it, these two organisations are pretty much the same aren't they? We bought a CC card at the NEC in Feb but feel that perhaps ACSI would be better.

Your thoughts on this subject please, perhaps I should have both 8-)

tugga - 2011-06-10 5:46 PM

As I understand it, these two organisations are pretty much the same aren't they? We bought a CC card at the NEC in Feb but feel that perhaps ACSI would be better.

Your thoughts on this subject please, perhaps I should have both 8-)

Both have their use but to me ACSI, no contest.

Just spent a month in France using the Acsi card most Sites keep within the quoted 11,13, 15, Euro, plus local taxes, one in Particular Parc International Du Golf outside Le Treport, charged us 16.50 euro, when questioned about it being outside the Acsi bands ,the answer was Electricity costs more ??? 5 euro for elec, 4 euro per adult per night 2 of us + Campingcar 3.50 euro  so instead of three nights we stayed 1.  why are they still in Acsi ??? still waiting on an answer,  on the whole Acsi is real good value for money outside peak times.  going to try Camping Cheques next time as well as Acsi.

Guest pelmetman

Currently sat on a ACSI site in the Loire, large hedged pitches water and drainage to each pitch, inside and outside swimming pools, showers, toilets etc etc............the only things that are not open are the onsite shop bar and resturant *-) .................but there is a supermarket 10 min walk down the road :D ......................................................................And all for 13 euro a night 8-) ......................kinda puts the £12 a night we paid last month in Ludlow for a CL with a tap, bin, and elsan point into perspetive...........doesn't it :D

Oh forgot............................... and...........free wifi (lol) (lol) (lol)

Hi, sounds lovely. Hope you're enjoying yourselves. B-)

What campsite are you staying on? It sounds very nice. We go Saturday 18th June Dover - Dunkirk. Usually stop at Le Etang - Brissac Quince for around 5 days, but also want to try some other sites that we haven't been to before.

So would you recommend the site. (?)

Janice.

Guest pelmetman
DWC66 - 2011-06-10 8:46 PM

Hi, sounds lovely. Hope you're enjoying yourselves. B-)

What campsite are you staying on? It sounds very nice. We go Saturday 18th June Dover - Dunkirk. Usually stop at Le Etang - Brissac Quince for around 5 days, but also want to try some other sites that we haven't been to before.

So would you recommend the site. (?)

Janice.

It is a lovely site, called "Camping Val de Loire" in Les Rosiers sur Loire...............although in the book it says next to a lively villiage 8-) ............and the site promotes it as a gastronomic delight, but it seems to only come alive in July/August as the only decent resturant is closed *-) .............Not that it has put us off staying for 4 nights :D ............ there is a fete on the field next door on Sunday B-)

There are loads of sites down here with the same sort of facilities and at the same price B-) ..........makes you realise why you never see a French camper in the UK (lol) ......................unless its got lost :D

PS just clocked the size of your camper 8-) so thought I'd better add on pitch drainage is for grey water only :D .............just in case you thought I meant full plumbing ;-)

Mainland Europe?

Then ACSI, every time, for us.

We use the ACSI discount card scheme for maybe 30 or 40 nights per year, across Spain, Portugal and France.

Brilliant.

(And if any sites appear to be breaking the ACSI rule of 11, 13 or 15 euros total price for two adults and a MH, including electric hookup (plus local tourist tax in France), then my suggestion would be to report them to the ACSI organisation staff immediately....their contact details are in the ACSI book).

We use both ACSI and Camping Cheques. Usually find that the ACSI is better as we haven't been dissapointed with any of the sites that we have used.... good description in the book.

A couple of the Camping Cheque sites have looked really nice, but when we got to stay weren't as good as we expected. Ok for one night though... although La Citadelle was excellent. :-D

They are both very good value though and can also be used at some sites in the UK.

Janice

Both schemes have their advantages and disadvantages but ACSI probably wins.

? With ACSI you only have to by the card and book up front – about £12.

? Some sites are cheaper than Camping Cheques.

? There are more ACSI sites than CC sites.

? However the card is only valid for one calendar year.

? Paper cheques last two years those entered on to a gold or silver card last longer – three years I think.

? Silver and Gold cards can be topped up at a Camping Cheque site. The silver and gold cards have to be bought.

? They are not confined to a calendar year.

? There are often offers e.g. 7 nights for 6 cheques.

? There are often Ferry + Cheques deals which sometimes work out cheaper.

? There is a £10 (I think) surcharge if you order paper cheques without a ferry.

? All cheques have to paid for in advance.

These are the main differences between the two schemes that I am aware of. Over the years we have tended to use a mix – but favour ACSI.

Cattwg :-D

Archived