Looking for the street cameras ?

art338

Street cameras on Google Earth, I mean those that are country wide on every street and every 100 yds of so apart and were taken from the top of a moving car where the viewer can zoom into a close up of road signs and road patterns before setting of to an unknown point.

I find them usueful to look at a particular junction so when I get there I already know the layout.

They are missing from my pc and I cannot find a way to bring them back.

art

You may have missed a recent change to Google Earth. Top right of your screen, among the outline navigation controls, you should see the outline of a little man. Place your mouse cursor over the man, and he will turn orange. Left click, and drag him to the street for which you want to enter Street View. If the street develops blue borders, Street View is available. Release the mouse button at the point you want to view, and you will switch into Street View.

If you have a wheel mouse, you can (kind of) scroll along the street from camera to camera using the wheel. However, this is a bit hit and miss, with heavy distortions creeping in at times.

Thanks for the comments. Its too complicated to use so I'l not be trying any more.

There is often a time when us older ones mention "The good old days" this is a another situation when the use of the google cameras was very simple and very effective. Not any more.

I'm pleased I looked at all that I wanted when it was so simple. I can see a time soon when I will remove the Internet from my life completely, yes its usueful on occasions but life worked very well before it all came along.

To the younger members of this world your life is becoming more complicated and expensive simply to justify someone sitting at a desk looking to occupy their time.

I often receive mail encouraging non users to join the 'race' for the internet. My strong view is don't, its complicated and time wasting!

art

We have had a problem with the latest internet explorer download or update. We are on Virginmedia and the download has interfered with the contacts list on the Virgin webmail.

I also have a problem now with google maps street view.

There is a fix, though not that satisfactory which I got off a help site.

Download Firefox and my contacts list reappears. Try streetview on internet explorer does not work but it does on Firefox.

Havent got a clue why. I am not a techie but it works for me.

Anyone who can shed light on this and the reason why (?) :-S

art338 - 2011-06-12 1:56 PM

Thanks for the comments. Its too complicated to use so I'l not be trying any more.........................art

Can you open Google Earth Art? If so, try following the advice I gave above. It is actually quicker and easier that the old system you described, with camera points appearing as you zoom in. Go on, you know you want to! :-D

Thanks Brian and all, SUCCESS, its so easy when you get it right !! Also I see that a north / south direction is indicated by the compass in the r/h corner. I'm assisting in the London to Brighton cycle ride next week and needed a spot to park just off the direct cycle route in South London.

art

Archived