BBC HD lost from satellite?

Dave Newell

Hi gang, just a bit of info for anyone who has a HD satellite receiver and has recently lost BBC HD and BBC 1 HD. The reason is that good old Auntie has moved these two channels to DVB-S2 from DVB-S transmissions to free up more bandwidth. We lost the two BBC HD channels last week and I tried retuning my Freesat receiver (Panasonic) with no joy. I've just googled it and found this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2011/06/changes_to_bbc_hd_channels_on.html

which explains it a bit better. I have now got the BBC HD channels back but I had to reset my receiver to "factory shipping" condition and then retune.

D.

Thank you for that information. I've just done our Panasonic and it's cured the problem. I spent ages yesterday looking on the web including the BBC one for a cure and found details of the change but they only suggested retuning. No mention of going back to the factory settings! A friend who is an installer even changed the receptor on our dish in preparation for installing a free sat recorder and that to his surprise did not help either. One would think the BBC would have made this information more widely available.

Thanks again. If you were a lady I'd say I loved you but as your a bloke best not!

As mine is a Panasonic too I suspect it is more an issue with that brand than down to theBBC. I reset mine as a last resort as I couldn`t find anthing on the net. At first I thought that my new Panasonic wasn`t compatible with DVB-S2 but then i found that C4 HD is already on DVB-S2 and as we receive that it was obviously not a compatibility issue.

D.

Archived