Scheiber battery separator

davidh

I wonder if anyone can help with this problem? We have a Rapido 972M motorhome, 2001. When we hook up to the mains on site (or at home) we receive a charge to the auxiliary battery but not to the vehicle battery. While travelling, both batteries charge. But after a few days parked up, the vehicle battery starts to go flat, not receiving any charge. I am wondering if the battery separator unit has failed but I have been unable to source a replacement. Brownhills have not been very helpful. If anyone knows where I might get one of these units (or indeed, if anyone knows of another possible cause of this problem) I'd be really glad to hear of it. The part number on the Scheiber unit is 38.10592.3D although an Internet search on this ref. does not come up with anything. Waiting to get back on the road, Dave

Get in contact with Rapido UK Gorrick Luckley Road RG40 3AU Wokingham/Berkshire 01189 791 023 0118 989 1067 rapido@rapidomotorhomes.com And have a chat with Maureen Parker. This would be my first suggestion. Let us know how you get on. And let them know you got the information from the MMM forum! All the best Clive

These things are readily obtainable in France via accessory catalogues but (as Clive suggests) your best bet in the UK is probably Caravans Rapido at Wokingham. Presumably your vehicle-battery used to get charged OK? If so, you may need to check that your Rapido's leisure-battery (or batteries) is in good health as (on hook-up) a 'coupleur-separateur' will not begin to pass charge to the vehicle-battery until the leisure-battery's state of charge reaches about 13.7V (I think the Scheiber Part Number may actually be 10592.30 (at least that's what my catalogues suggest) with the "30" indicating a 30A fused outlet.)

Thank you for your suggestion. I took both Derek's and your advice. First I contacted Scheiber through their website. They were very helpful and gave me a price to supply the part. Then I contacted Maureen. They had the part in stock. A little more expensive than Scheiber but I rang them at 4pm yesterday and it arrived this morning! Good service! Also pleased to report that it solved the problem. Both batteries charging nicely and all lights on that should be on. Thanks again to you both! Dave

Archived