Keswick stuff

ips

Has anyone used the rugby club car park / overnight lately ?

Anyone know of a pub / restauraunt in the keswick area preferably enroute (ish) to whitehaven that will allow use of car park overnight (we intend to have a meal also)

Anyone been to the indian restaurant near the mini roundabaout Booths side of town, dont know what its called but allways smells good B-)

Thanks

Hi from a wet Keswick

Seen a few motorhomes in the car park thro the week, but none still there in the morning, when I am out early with the dog.

I was wondering if you could get away with stopping overnight there.

do they usually allow it??

Can't help with the other questions

All the best

HWO

Thanks for that, yes they used to allow overnight stops never used it myself but have seen it done and know for a fact that they did. From your info and that of another via pm it would seem that now they do not so its back to the drawing board. You may well see us turn up on the c&cc site sun lunch time :-D

Can't help with your stopover questions, but if you are into Indian cuisine, we have used the Royal Bengal restaurant at the other end of Keswick twice recently. It is situated at the edge of Central car park, just off Heads Road.

The staff are normally around Keswick during the day, dishing out menus and money off vouchers, worth even more if you eat early. I think before 6.30pm attracts an early discount.

Four of us had a five course meal each and shared 2 bottles of house wine, lovely food, excellent service and the end bill was a very reasonable £48.00.

If you take the B5289 from Keswick centre out towards the A66 you will see a turn off on the left just before you reach it, lots of campers park up overnigh there and a footpath across the Fields drop you into the Village very quickly. We tried to get on over the Royal wedding weekend but it was full so we spent two nights on the little industrial estate round the back of the Pencil Museum, the units have hose points outside for a cheeky fill up. We did have the odd Boy racer pass by as they meet up to be naughty I think but they never bothered us. I can confirm the Bengal is cheap and pretty good if not pretty with patchy service but anywhere that offers 20% off the entire bill including drinks for early dining has my vote.

We've overnighted at the following spots in / around Keswick :-

Rugby Club car park, guy behind bar asked for a couple of quid donation for the club funds. We arrived after the 'meter' clocked off in the evening, and left before it clocked on in the morning.

Dead end road, almost immediatly outside the C&CC Oval site. No probs here, just a sign asking not to block the entrance.

The road mentioned by Zyroman, another dead end leading to a pedestrian suspension bridge and then into Portinscale. Never alone here. Nice walk, 10 mins, on footpath to Keswick.

regards

Allen

WE stayed at Millers Field in Ambleside with the MCC last week and its £10 a night with secure gates its very peaceful and no lights to disturb you. Best bit is you are only 200 yards from the centre of town. The site is for motorhomes only and some hard standing and a large field as an option with lovely outlook all round .

Post code for sat nav LA22 0EE Rothay Road

Contact 07708310986 after 5.30 for bookings

or email mfmcambles@hotmail.com

wints - 2011-06-18 10:43 PM

We've overnighted at the following spots in / around Keswick :-

Rugby Club car park, guy behind bar asked for a couple of quid donation for the club funds. We arrived after the 'meter' clocked off in the evening, and left before it clocked on in the morning.

Dead end road, almost immediatly outside the C&CC Oval site. No probs here, just a sign asking not to block the entrance.

The road mentioned by Zyroman, another dead end leading to a pedestrian suspension bridge and then into Portinscale. Never alone here. Nice walk, 10 mins, on footpath to Keswick.

regards

Allen

Many thanks, we did one night at portinscale and very nice it was too. :-D

Alitone - 2011-06-18 10:48 PM

WE stayed at Millers Field in Ambleside with the MCC last week and its £10 a night with secure gates its very peaceful and no lights to disturb you. Best bit is you are only 200 yards from the centre of town. The site is for motorhomes only and some hard standing and a large field as an option with lovely outlook all round .

Post code for sat nav LA22 0EE Rothay Road

Contact 07708310986 after 5.30 for bookings

or email mfmcambles@hotmail.com

Thanks, yes we have stayed there in the past but on this occasion wanted Keswick specifically

Mr. Grumpy - 2011-06-20 8:45 AM

Follow the signs for Castle Rigg Stone Circle and park in the pull offs opposite the gates. Get up early and experience a stunning sunrise. Do not go there on 21st June for obvious reasons.

Thanks, any probs with access to this area 6m x 2.3m low profile ?

Archived