Scratches on Heiki Roof Light

whisturx

Have had an incident with a Croatian tree and scratched a couple of my Heiki roof lights. Any one know of a paste or similar to remove the scratches. Obviously if they are too deep, an exchange cover if you can buy seperately, will be the only cure ? Why do they always put low trees on camp sites !!! Its hard enough watching out for tree trunks, walls ,children ,and badly parked cars. May need a roof camera or periscope fitted next !!!

Hi

T-cut will do it but you need to be patient and careful.

On the low branches issue, they don't know any different - we are in the north west of Spain at the moment and someone from The Netherlands was complaining about tree branches. Quite rightly, the campsite owner/manager pointed out that in July/August their customers quite like shade and guess what, the vast majority of their income is gotten in July/August.

Us northern Europeans don't really appreciate how the economics of southern European campsites work, with our ACSI discounts - there is a good reason why these don't apply in high season.

P&L

I'm probably a bit late with this..but as daft as it sounds,as long as they're not too deep, toothpaste is pretty good at getting rid of scratches(..a tip I picked up from on here.. ;-) )...it maybe worth a try..

I used some a while back on our side windows,after rubbing a hedgerow and it worked a treat..

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for all your advice. I found a tube of Fenwicks Windowise which I bought years ago "just in case" and after a fair bit of elbow grease they look as good as new. Only the 2 metre scratch on the awning and scraped mirror to go !! But that is going to be a paint shop job. Must avoid one way streets with low roofs next time !!

• 2 months later...

Since we got our van in April last year, we've 'collected' a few scratches on the windows so I told hubby about the toothpaste trick. Today he's been cleaning the van and has just had a go with the toothpaste and I can confirm that it certainly works a treat with no ill-effects whatsoever. :-D

Just gotta convince him to go on the roof now and sort out the scratch on the Heki! *-)

Archived