Warning light on - in france

laimeduck

Hi all

I'm in northern France and for the past couple of days I have a red warning light showing. Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD 2005. The light is not on the dash display, its on a switch panel below the Tacho, behind the wiper switch. The Fiat manual suggests it is the 'Fiat Alarm' acitvated by the key fob. But we don't have that alarm - we have a Van-Bitz alarm fitted. ( Nothing in the Van Bitz manual?)

I've tried various ignition switch settings, but it still stays on?

Any ideas anyone?

(We have done about 200 miles with it on, so I don't think its too important, just annoying!)

Jeremy the L'AimeDuck

Tracker thanks

I have not registered with Van Bitz yet as they will only do that if I take the van down for an inspection for a few £'s & they are some way from me.

In any event, I don't think this light is anything to do with their alarm system. Their system is working fine (as we found out the other night when my wife forgot the alarm was armed! :$ )

I think it is a Fiat light?

Jeremy the L'AimeDuck

747 Thanks.

I think this is it - but I don't have a step!, but the Benimar Manual (such as it is!) says there is a red light on the dash. I guess it is a redundant switch. It has a fuse - somewhere, but the manual does not relate to the fuse box so it looks like a long testing session :-(

It can stay on for now :D

Jeremy the L'AimeDuck

• 7 months later...

Just an update to put the answer on record:-

The warning light was for the rear steadies, one was not quite pinched up to the housing so had not depressed the switch. Bingo!! (I can blame the wife as she won't read this!!) I have been trying to sort this problem since June last year- Doh!

I can now remove the black tape from the warning light. *-)

Nothing in the Benimar manual about this light >:-(

Also thanks where thanks due - it was Eddie Van Bitz on another forum who had the hunch which solved this conundrum. Thanks Eddie!

Jeremy

Van Bitz have agents who can register the alarm with new owners. I took mine to Warrington. It cost me £103 to fit a new sim card to the alarm, re-program it, check it out and supply updated paperwork. If you contact Van Bitz they will tell you where the nearest agent is. They are very good, if you have problem they will try and solve it with you over the phone.

Derek Uzzell - 2012-02-11 6:33 PM

Section13, final paragraph.

http://www.benimarownersclub.org.uk/Hints%20&%20Tips/hints_and_tips.htm#RETRACTABLE%20LEGS

OK.... Thanks Derek... this is not in the manual that I have in the van - although bits of it are the same - however mine does not mention retractable legs. I wrote to Benimar about 12 months ago for a manual that related to my van - they don't have one!

After owning it for 2 years I think/hope I have sussed most things... it is a very well built, nice comfortable van & I am very pleased with it- but it is Spanish! .....& quirky in some respects!

Archived