Autocruise Sarasota

Tiny Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the advice on tyre pressures, BTW. I knocked them all up to 71 and am happy with that.

I always use the suspension for levelling where possible. I also drop the rear stands to aid stability. I have also had to use it once in France where the large rear overhang was grounding out, so just pumped them up a bit

Dont know if you are supposed to or not, but cant think otherwise why you can whack them up to 7Bar...

I might try and do an experiment to see how high they go up on 7Bar...... :-)

Morgan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi OxfordMorgan

Just bought the lowline 4 berth, very impressed but don,t have tow bar, pity, if you are thinking of taking yours off to save weight I would be interested, it should be a bolt on job I would have thought?

Let me know if you still have it.

H

Hi Tiny Tim,

You seem to be the only other lowliner from what I can see, I have just taken the plunge and bought one with just 6k on the clock, really nice to drive and solid.

Does yours have a tow bar on and if so is it bolted on?

H

OxfordMorgan - 2011-09-30 1:53 PM

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the advice on tyre pressures, BTW. I knocked them all up to 71 and am happy with that.

I always use the suspension for levelling where possible. I also drop the rear stands to aid stability. I have also had to use it once in France where the large rear overhang was grounding out, so just pumped them up a bit

Dont know if you are supposed to or not, but cant think otherwise why you can whack them up to 7Bar...

I might try and do an experiment to see how high they go up on 7Bar...... :-)

Morgan

If the manual for your air-bellows system advises that the maximum inflation-pressure is 7 bars, there's no particular reason to fear that inflating to that pressure should be harmful.

On the other hand, if a fault did develop (and any Sarasota will be at least 5 years old), it might be worth confirming the position regarding current Kuhn spares availability in the UK.

Hello H&TA

Welcome to the low profile club. Yes I do have the tow bar - I think that it was part of the original Suntor package from Brownhills.

Mine was 11.5k when we bought her in May and now reads 13.5k after just 5 months. We are well pleased and about to take it on it's maiden trip on the Eurotunnel (God bless Tescos). About the only extras that we had fitted when we bought are the reversing camera and a Gaslow system.

The Tow bar seems to be a mixture of bolted and Welded - if you send a pm with your e-mail address, I will send some pictures of the fitting that I took for another Sarasota Fan.

Tim

• 7 months later...
thirtle26 - 2011-10-11 9:25 AM

Thanks for info on air suspension and on tyre pressure. LOVE the van

Hi, I noticed you are also from Sheffield..... I have not seen many other Sarasotas, only on the internet, never on the road, yet apparently there is another one in Sheffield!

Dave

Archived