Travelling in Germany

tonyfletcher

As Brian K has stated, because you are over the 3.5 tonne bracket, then you are restricted to the same speed limits as a lorry.

So if on the Autobahn and there is a sign saying that wagons must keep left - and no overtaking - then this applies to you as well.

Hope this helps

Frankkia - 2011-06-18 12:20 AM
Thai Bry - 2011-06-17 4:32 PM"So if on the Autobahn and there is a sign saying that wagons must keep left"Maybe right Bry 8-)

Bernie

Oooopppsss *-) Silly me!!

Should of thought 1st, I go touring Germany enough times!!

Hi again Tony, just an after thought. We went along there last year after our cycling event at Verdun.

We stayed at some good stellplaz along the river, only did a few miles, then parked up and cycled along riverside routes between loverly towns and villages. Collect a cycling route map from the Tourist Information office at the Roman Gate in Trier, it covers the Moselle and Saar areas. Only disappointment was the camp site at Coblenz, very overcrowded and waterlogged.

Brian B.

Thai Bry - 2011-06-18 8:16 AM
Frankkia - 2011-06-18 12:20 AM
Thai Bry - 2011-06-17 4:32 PM"So if on the Autobahn and there is a sign saying that wagons must keep left"Maybe right Bry 8-)

Bernie

Oooopppsss *-) Silly me!!

Should of thought 1st, I go touring Germany enough times!!

We do too - Really love the country. Should be off there again at the beginning of August. The Mosel valley is great - and yes there is no problem with "umwelt zones". We need a new sticker when we go back to Germany as they can't be removed and re stuck and we had to have our windscreen replaced - Insurance company took a bit of a pasting there (£3500!).It is no problem getting the sticker (if your 'van qualifies) - Just call in to any TUV (MOT) station with your vehicle documents.Now anyone for bratwurst!

tonyfletcher - 2011-06-16 11:22 AM

Hi,

Are there any restrictions in Germany for my 3.85t Euro 3 compliant Motorhome? I wish to travel from Trier to Coblenz

Thanks

Tony

Apart from the speed limit as Brian says Tony you have nothing to worry about.

Lovely route you have picked up the Moselle valley and a motorhomers dream-Stellplatz in virtually every village and plenty of room on them. If you stop at Trier stellplatz you can walk to TIO in city and get a map of all the stellplatz up the valley. Make a point of visiting Bernkastle, Traben and Cochem on your way up.

We were there at Easter and had a super time-think the E-coli is sorted now!! :-D

Enjoy

Mike

Archived