tomtom motorhome sat nav

duetto owner

Having already got an ageing Tom Tom, I bought one of the Ventura 2000 units specifically for the vehicle dimension feature. That bit is great, but the overall user experience was so much better (and more accurate) in the Tom Tom that I have now bought the latest Tom Tom Start 25 5" screen model. Had I seen the one that you mention, I would have bought it like a shot.

Tim

Recently bought the Ventura S6000.

Very pleased with it as the TomTom used to take me down the strangest roads and farm tracks, especially in France and Spain.

The one feature I liked on the TomTom that I don't seem to be able to find on the Ventura is this:

The TomTom would not only show me my speed (approx) and also the speed limit of the road I was travelling on. The Ventura only seems to show me my speed.

Unless somebody knows different. . .

If you have a Tom Tom with the slot/memory card facility you can buy a card then just slot into sat nav…

Also have a look on Ebay, search Tom Tom truck, some times there are sat navs with the truck memory card for a much cheaper price and you can down load your own POIs onto that

I think there was a Tom Tom 520 on there the other week for £130ish with memory card

Cheers

gadjo - 2011-06-21 9:10 AM

david lloyd - 2011-06-20 9:09 PM

So I could buy a memory card with the motorohme specific mapping etc to fit my Go 720?

David

simple answer is yes and much cheaper than buying a new sat nav B-)

On my TomTom One I already use a memory card but I've got lots of room on it - can I just download the new "motorhome" stuff onto it from TT Home?

Tony Jones - 2011-06-22 9:25 AM

gadjo - 2011-06-21 9:10 AM

david lloyd - 2011-06-20 9:09 PM

So I could buy a memory card with the motorohme specific mapping etc to fit my Go 720?

David

simple answer is yes and much cheaper than buying a new sat nav B-)

On my TomTom One I already use a memory card but I've got lots of room on it - can I just download the new "motorhome" stuff onto it from TT Home?

I'm sorry but my knowlegde is being streached a bit thin now!!!

I don't know if you can down load the software onto an sd card from anywhere I only know you can buy a truck SD card and load it up with the required campsite POIs....

again a cheaper option than buying the full blown sat nav

cheers

Archived